Damn! I just pumped $46 of gas into my car.

mookieunit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Vespa FTW.

And if you're spending more than $75 a month on basic transportation fuel, wake up, smell the emissions, and rethink your life.
:cop:

The problem in the UK is that using public transport is no cheaper. For a daily commute to the nearest town, a grand round-trip total of 25 miles by train, the ticket is $11. A monthly rail ticket is over $200. I doubt many of the Americans on this board would believe how much a season (yearly) rial ticket commuting on the train into central London costs.

And now I want to buy a Vespa. Mmmmm.

• Members

The problem in the UK is that using public transport is no cheaper. For a daily commute to the nearest town, a grand round-trip total of 25 miles by train, the ticket is $11. A monthly rail ticket is over $200. I doubt many of the Americans on this board would believe how much a season (yearly) rial ticket commuting on the train into central London costs.

And more rail price increases this week! Thanks a lot, Gordon!

For a government trying to reduce carbon emissions, it has a pretty disjointed transport policy.

• Members

I sold my motorcycle a few years ago right before gas prices skyrocketed. D'oh! My daily commute is around 43 miles a day. I use about 2 gallons a day and gas costs $3.19/gal right now in South Florida. My car gets me 21-22 miles per gallon which isn't too bad for a V6. Public transportation down here is useless. It's not like New York where it's practical to take the train into the city.

• Members

Yeah, the industry has us all by the balls. The era of cheap natural resources is over, and it ain't coming back unless we can find a way to profit off of poison gas and saltwater.

I'm trying to rethink my life right now. It's not too bad at the moment. I live about 1 mile from my job, so I'm able to walk to work on most days; but I don't own my home. If I want to buy a house, I'll have to rethink again, because I probably won't be able to afford anything within 1 mile of my work; although it is a buyer's market right now, and that ain't gonna improve anytime soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My job is in education and information technology, so I look forward to the day when it becomes the status quo to do my job from home on a computer and a telephone. That reality isn't far off. I hope, for the sake of our planet, that anyone who can do the same... will do the same.

• Members
Vespa FTW.

And if you're spending more than $75 a month on basic transportation fuel, wake up, smell the emissions, and rethink your life.
:cop:

Maybe you need to open your eyes and realize not everyone is in your situation :poke:

The only thing even close to being within walking distance to my office is an overpriced apartment complex. I'll take my house and $400+ fuel bill each month any day. ($400between my wife and I)

Also there's no way in hell I'd buy a house near my Wife's school. Bunch of run down college style houses that would triple my commute in said truck.

Archived