Boss RE-20 vs. EXH SMMH?

dap99

• Members

chuck the DD 20 and get the EHX SMM.

cooler multidelay that ain't so vanilla.

the RE-20 sounds great, but is pretty limited in capability compared to the SMM

That's what I'm starting to think. Does the SMM do good "plain" delays? I like the fancy stuff, but it's not quite my style (yet). Right not I'm playing a bunch of songs that require more "straight ahead" delay. If the SMM can do that convincingly, I know what I'll be asking the wife to get me for x-mas

• Members

I've got the SMMH and it's great! Fully recommended.

That being said, I would really LOVE to pair it with a re-20... that's the goal one day... but for now I'm hoping the de-7 will work well with it.

Get the SMMH, IMO. Only problems I've got with it are that the pitch doesn't change on the repeats when you mess with the delay time knob, and the knobs are really sensitive. I have that last gripe with all ehx pedals though so... eh.

• Members

That's what I'm starting to think. Does the SMM do good "plain" delays? I like the fancy stuff, but it's not quite my style (yet). Right not I'm playing a bunch of songs that require more "straight ahead" delay. If the SMM can do that convincingly, I know what I'll be asking the wife to get me for x-mas

It does a straight ahead delay in spades. You can get a straight ahead delay in most of the modes, which means you can save presets for 6 different straight ahead delays.

• Members

It does a straight ahead delay in spades. You can get a straight ahead delay in most of the modes, which means you can save presets for 6 different straight ahead delays.

This is true. It's a little harder for me because the knobs are so sensitive (there I go again...) but once you get used to it it's great!

Archived