Anyone know if there is rack better than G-FORCE?

ljr

• Members

um....what do u mean???

Your question was pretty open ended. Could you be more specific in what you mean by, "is there a better processor than the G Force".

For recording post production, or guitar or what???...

How do you intend to use it?

What type of things do you expect your processor to do? ex. Delay Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Vibe, Pitch Shifting, Compression, Noise Gate, Distortion, Fuzz, Arpeggios, Stereo, MIDI, CC Control, or PC only or BOTH, individual parameter control of certain or multiple effects, how many effects you want to run simultaneously... Your simple question isn't so simple to give a clear answer without more specific details.

What is your budget?

• Members

oh~~ic...i want a processor just for guitar,it is usually for performing and recording.

The things that i want the processor to do is the same thing as G-FORCE,like chorus,flanger,phrase,delay,reverb,compression...etc,this kind of effect,not the fuzz distortion

The budget is around $1000

Thank you so much

• Members

oh~~ic...i want a processor just for guitar,it is usually for performing and recording.

The things that i want the processor to do is the same thing as G-FORCE,like chorus,flanger,phrase,delay,reverb,compression...etc,this kind of effect,not the fuzz distortion

The budget is around $1000

Thank you so much

The TC G-Force and the Eventide Eclipse used are the 2 that come to mind in that form that are in the Big leagues.

• Members

At that price point, you are going to go down in quality a little.

For a grand, you can get a Boss GT-Pro and an FC300 foot controller, a Digitech GSP1101 and its foot controller, or roll with a software based system like Guitar Rig 2 + a laptop. Unfortunately, the Axe-FX and the Eclipse are at the $2,000 range.

You could always wait for Behringer to clone the Axe-FX or the G-Force.

Sorry, that's not even funny. The options jump from floorboards like the Tonelab SE (an excellent piece) and the Boss GT-8 and slightly bigger brothers like the GT-Pro which all fall under a grand to the big boys (Eventide Eclipse/G-Force/Axe-FX (which has a waiting list). There's really no in-between that I'm aware of. Individual boutique stomps could get you there but you'll be out of way more than a grand and you'll still need a switching system. Basically you have two options - save up more dough or roll with a multi-FX floorboard or rack + foot controller. The Behringer FCB1010 really is a good foot controller for the money. It would give you more cash to work with towards finding s solution. The Roland VG-99 is good, even though its more than what you need. It goes for around 1200. I suppose you could just use the effects processor and not worry about the guitar synth part of it but don't quote me on that. Its worth a listen, at least.

• Members

I have a g-force. I do like it very much. There's a lot I have been able to do with it. I couldn't tell you about the other units mentioned above. You must have a midi floor controller and you must have an expression pedal or two. It does a lot of things great. What you cannot do: any good foot controlled wah, no good leslie effect, lousy distortion ( although it useful in setting up certain effects), and I'm dissapointed that when you add octives you can't approximate a twelve string. I enjoy the unit never the less.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The 3 racks I was looking at last year was the G-force, Eclipse and TC FireworkX. Eventide goes further with the ultra harmonizers but that's way out of my league in price. G-Force should be fine.

I ended up getting the M-one and Lexicon MPX-1 with some pedals instead.

Archived