All time favorite distortion pedal

eclipseall

• Members

There are many, many pedals out there and probably most of us have spent a great deal of time and money on distortion boxes.

After going through many of them boutique and non boutique distortions one has remained as the best distortion box that I have tried.

For me that would have to be the MXR DoubleShot Distortion.

Whats yours?

• Members
There are many, many pedals out there and probably most of us have spent a great deal of time and money on distortion boxes.

After going through many of them boutique and non boutique distortions one has remained as the best distortion box that I have tried.

Whats yours?

As of last week...hands down it's the Maxon DS-830 Distortion Master. It has soundly TROUNCED...yes TROUNCED...every distortion pedal I have ever used (and I've used a lot). :thu:

• Members

Whats yours?

I just picked up the RAT2 and DoubleShot last weekend. The RAT2 has an awesome classic crunch and I'm loving it.

The DoubleShot is distinctly different but good. Haven't had enough to eval it fully. But the ability to switch between two distortion settings with one press makes me think I'm going to like it a lot. My impressions on the top channel is that it sounds thinner than the RAT. The focus button is interesting. Not sure if I will be switching it or leaving it alone though. Regardless, it's a cool pedal.

Archived