Think this would work?

opultaM

• Members

Splitting your signal (with a Line Splitter or Loooper or something), then setting the blend so that both lines are at about equal levels. Then run each half into an EQ, setting one to pass all the highs and one to pass all the lows. Then, you put different types of dirt after the 2 EQs. So on the low one, maybe you but some dirty fuzz and on the high a smooth OD. You'd then have a signal unlike anything out there...I think?

Also, could throw modulation on one line or the other. Maybe a wah only on the high frequencies.

Think? :idea:

• Members

Sounds like fun. I think you might have to experiment some with how you set the EQs, and I don't know how much better/different it would sound from a regular setup, but experimenting would be fun. Just using two amps opens up lots of possibilities- dirty/clean, wet/dry, left/right, two different sets of effects, two different amp "characters" (Fender/Marshall, Vox/Orange...)either switched or blended, the kind of "crossover" setup you're talking about....

• Members
I would do all sorts of stuff like this if I could find a second amp that's just like mine. Unfortunately, Marshall only made 1000 of them, so the few I have actually found have gone for triple what I paid for mine brand new.
:(

Which amp is that?

Archived