My new punk band needs a name. Give me your best that you won't be using.

NoirAbattoir

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Because there is no "punk rock" section.
:idea:

I dunno... This is gonna be hard. Most of these names are ok, but they don't really grab me. How about The Subversives? Probably taken... Yup.
:rolleyes:

This is taking too much thinking. It probably took a few minutes apiece to come up with names like the Clash, Cro-Mags, DRI, Fear, Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, etc...

Besides, since you're only limited to one word there's probably going to be a lack of inspiration, though admittedly it'd definitely limit the ability to put together lame emo names like "She Died for Amy's Sister's Bracelet" or some similar crap. :D I'd come up with whatever name sounded good regardless of the number of words and let the bassist know you saved the band from having a crappy name due to some lame foreign rule. :D (j/k ;))

• Members
This is taking too much thinking. It probably took a few minutes apiece to come up with names like the Clash, Cro-Mags, DRI, Fear, Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, etc...

Besides, since you're only limited to one word there's probably going to be a lack of inspiration. I'd come up with whatever name sounded good regardless of the number of words and let the bassist know you saved the band from having a crappy name due to some lame foreign rule.
:D
(j/k
;)
)

I agree. How about this: Craptastic? :poke:

• Members
I agree. How about this: Craptastic? :poke:

I don't know; how about Crapfunnel or Pissmoat? :idea::D

If you don't want nasty names (the type I prefer), something simple like Fling, Crossed, Sparrow, Willow, Gymnasium, Purple, the Skinners, Debutante, Villainy, Undulation, Pepto, Blister, the Hated... almost anything simple would be good enough since it's still limited to one name, IMO. :D

Maybe you could just force more than one word on him, i.e. Pissing for Distance. :D

• Members

Looking around my room, this is my list of creative names:

Lightbulb, Desk, Laptop, Remote, Speaker, Amplifier, Guitar, Pedals, Magazine, Outlet, Bookcase, Book, Window, Sheets, Blanket, Pillow, Slippers, Rug, Bag, Frame, Canvas, Paint, Amethyst, Scissors, Pen, Pencil, Wallet, Ruler, Tape, Glue, Notebook, Notecard, Popcorn, Coat, Jacket, Television, Telephone, Clock, Cup, Album, Game, Console, Stereo, Components (Capacitors, Resistors, Potentiometers, etc), Homework, Stapler, Pictures, Record, Tissues, Hamper, Box, Keys, Capo, Toolbox, Trash, Lamp, Soap, Cologne, VCR, Narwhal, Socks, Shoes, Chair, Me.

Catchy words: Robot, Science, Fiction, Alien, Spaceship, Mars, Compass, Chimichanga, Persistence, Of, Memory.

doggod/goddog, Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac, Sat, up, wondering, all, night, if, there, really, was, a

I would personally go with Telescope or Antimatter if I had a band name consisting of only one word.

Archived