Great Blues Players and their use of effects

HMCMedic

• Members

I have been getting back to my blues playing more. I know most blues guys will say plug in and play but over the years there has been effects use and abuse:)

"Lucille Talks" BB and the wah pedal comes to mind.

I think many of the great ones have used phase shifters over the years, I know Albert King had one around sometimes. Buddy Guy has stomped on the wah pedal, of course SRV is well documented. List some others, and if you are a blues player yourself what are you using?

:wave:

• Members

Jack White, Dan Auerbach, Jimi Hendrix, & Eric Clapton all used Fuzz and/or Wah.

Maybe because none of them are actually blues guitarists?

Son House, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, BB King, are some of the great blues players.

Anybody no matter how great playing "blues" with a fuzz pedal isn't playing blues in my book. One could certainly call it blues based rock maybe... but it's no longer traditional blues.

• Members
Maybe because none of them are actually blues guitarists?

Son House, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, BB King, are some of the great blues players.

Anybody no matter how great playing "blues" with a fuzz pedal isn't playing blues in my book. One could certainly call it blues based rock maybe... but it's no longer traditional blues.

6k5oupy.jpg

Archived