Has anybody tried out the Moollon guitars or effects?

eddie.perez

• Members

I checked out the review on guitar world magazine and this pedals seem to be very well made. They must have some awemazing sounding effects. Also if you go to thier web site they have nice looking guitars. One which I really want to buy, but need to try it out first!!! Has anybody tried them out? let me know.:thu:

• Members

yes, a few of them. theyre korean made. the guitars? ive not played but seen them up close, didnt plug in. i saw the spalted maple strat yesterday, actually. theyre lovely, not sure if theyre worth the cost actually, but some decent stuff for sure.

someone here whos VERY close to Moollon needs to chime in! LOVETONE'D MAN!

• Members

Man, you got me talking now, Sei. :wave:

Disclaimer: I work for Moollon, so I'm not going to work this like spam, but will gladly answer the questions. Eddie, you can go to the Mesa Boogie shop on Sunset Boulevard(across from Guitar Center in Hollywood) if you want to try them out, they have nearly all Moollon pedals in stock. The guitars are made to order in the Moollon shop according to the buyer's specs, requiring 3 months to complete each one, so we've had very few customers outside of Korea placing orders.

Actually, I bought the Tremolo, Vintage Wah, Bassdrive, and Distortion before even knowing I'd end up working for the company, and am quite fond of the Bassdrive and Tremolo in particular, though I've now played just about all of them. The three guys on the team that make them build 7-8 pedals a day by hand, many with rare NOS parts from the 60s. I think a lot of them sound great, but they're not for everyone and are admittedly pricey.

Marmoset King mentioned the amp-like quality of the Tremolo (I'd agree), one of the models the locals here tend to favor, along with the Fuzz 14, and Compressor.

For you SoCal folk, we'll be at the Winter NAMM show next month, with guitars, pedals and all...

• Members

Man, you got me talking now, Sei.
:wave:

Disclaimer:
I work for Moollon
, so I'm not going to work this like spam, but will gladly answer the questions. Eddie, you can go to the Mesa Boogie shop on Sunset Boulevard(across from Guitar Center in Hollywood) if you want to try them out, they have nearly all Moollon pedals in stock. The guitars are made to order in the Moollon shop according to the buyer's specs, requiring 3 months to complete each one, so we've had very few customers outside of Korea placing orders.

Actually, I bought the Tremolo, Vintage Wah, Bassdrive, and Distortion before even knowing I'd end up working for the company, and am quite fond of the Bassdrive and Tremolo in particular, though I've now played just about all of them. The three guys on the team that make them build 7-8 pedals a day by hand, many with rare NOS parts from the 60s. I think a lot of them sound great, but they're not for everyone and are admittedly pricey.

Marmoset King mentioned the amp-like quality of the Tremolo (I'd agree), one of the models the locals here tend to favor, along with the Fuzz 14, and Compressor.

For you SoCal folk, we'll be at the Winter NAMM show next month, with guitars, pedals and all...

Hey man, thanks for helping me out. That's cool you work for them. I really like the guitars they have. I'm going to have to try them out at the namm show. About the pedals I will have to try them out at the mesa boogie shop. There's this one pedal that i'm trying to get called the Moollon boost pedal, but i'm not shure if it will be right for me. I like boost pedals that have some gain to them. Maybe I should just buy the Mooollon overdrive pedal and use it as a boost. What do you think? peace out.:wave:

• Members

Aye, and rhymes with cool-bone.

Eddie, although the I feel the Moollon Overdrive sounds fantastic and can get some natural crunchy break up through a cooking amp/works great as a clean boost with a little dirt with the gain at about 8 o'clock, for the money I'd still honestly go for a Boss OD-3 or Xotic AC Booster for the same tonal reasons, two fantastic dirt boxes well voiced for OD/clean boost in a variety of amps, as you might know. I recommend trying the Moollon Overdrive out by slamming an amp's front end as well as your favorite OD pedal to see how you feel about it, as with the Moollon Signal Boost.

The Signal Boost is nonetheless one of our hot sellers in N.America and Europe, mostly as people have commented that it drives other dirt boxes with an added "fat sparkle" of sorts, although I was surprised to find that a number of my Korean friends here have mostly used it at the tail end of the signal chain and leave it on all the time because they simply "like how it sounds there".

There are so many good boost pedals out there these days, I hope you're able to find what you're after. Keep us/me posted!

Cheers~

Archived