Is there a difference between BD-2 and BD-2 on ME-50?

UK Texican

• Members

I was wondering if there was any difference at all between a stand-along BD-2 pedal, and the BD-2 'interpretation' on an ME-50? Both are made by Boss, so are they identical?

Or is the stand-alone pedal analog and the ME-50 interp COSM, or something?

In other words, if I like the sound of BD-2 and I have an ME-50, is there any reason whatsoever I should get the standalone pedal?

• Members

Thanks. Here's a very elementary follow-up question (sorry!)...

Does a traditional analog O/D effect *actually* saturate the pre-amp tubes somehow, or is it just mimicking that effect (even if done in an analog way)? i can't see how it woudl actually be able to saturate the tubes without adding power.

• Members
Besides being a digital reproduction it's part of a whole multi-effects board which will certainly have an effect on your bypassed sound for the worse.

to be honest, i never thought that the me50 sucked tone at all. i used mine into a classic 50 and i thought it sounded great. i used it for over a year and toured with it.

:cop::poke:

• Members

Have you read all the posts about Monte Allum and Keeley modded BD-2's? Ty modding the ME-50's BD-2. You can't. From the clips I've heard, a stock BD-2, COSM'd or stand-alone isn't really 'all that'. I like the ME-50 too though. I have only played with it in the store but as a purpose made unit, it fills it's role excellently.

Archived