Various effects and my need for opinions on them

Fenderman1991

• Members

So I'm doing some spri-I mean, winter cleaning of ym board, and so I'm getting rid of a few pedals and planning on picking a few more up. So, these are what I'm looking at.

Distortion:

MXR Distortion +

MXR Distortion III

OD:

Ibanez TS7

Ibanez TS9

MXR GT-OD

Compression:

EHX Soul Preacher

MXR Super Comp

MXR Dyna Comp

Rocktron Big Crush

Guyatone ST-2

Fuzz:

Dunlop Fuzz Face

Ibanez FZ-7

Boost:

MXR Micro Amp

BBE Boosta Grande

EHX LPB-1

Other:

Dano Chicken Salad

EHX Micro Q Tron

Ibanez LF-7 Lo Fi

Fender Blender

Dano Fish n Chips

And that's about it. Please, fill me in on any experience you've had with any of the mentioned pedals, good or bad, and tell me what you know or what you've heard.

THanks a bunch! ;)

• Members

I'm sorry I can't help you with the pedals you listed (I could've with the mxr dist+ though ;), but if you're looking for a really good compressor with a lot of sound possibilities check out the jaques fat burner. don't know how much they are in the us, they are produced in france. here they cost about 150 euro.

ja-fat-gerade.gif

• Members

Ibanez LF-7 Lo Fi

THanks a bunch!
;)

I know ZI am biased as I am selling one on ebay now... but it is one of my favorite overdrive pedals just because it has a character I have not found in many other pedals. Plus the LoFi typical uses... I have some info in the ebay add that might be helpful, click the link in my sig...

• Members

EHX Micro Q Tron

I tried one of these out last week. If you want really smooth envelope filter/auto wahish sounds this is a good one. I'd definitely go with the Micro over the new Nano, it sounded smoother to my ears. Plus you can usually find the Micro's cheaper used than a new Nano. The only knock is they do have a power adapter jack, just not the usual center negative 2.1mm barrel style like Boss pedals. Instead they have the 1/8" type like old DOD pedals.

• Members

I tried one of these out last week. If you want really smooth envelope filter/auto wahish sounds this is a good one. I'd definitely go with the Micro over the new Nano, it sounded smoother to my ears. Plus you can usually find the Micro's cheaper used than a new Nano. The only knock is they do have a power adapter jack, just not the usual center negative 2.1mm barrel style like Boss pedals. Instead they have the 1/8" type like old DOD pedals.

you mean the mini qtron?

the micro qtron does have a boss type adaper jack.

• Members

you mean the mini qtron?

the micro qtron does have a boss type adaper jack.

Thank you, I stand corrected. The Mini, not the Micro, is the one to get. The Micro is the newer version (right?), which I didn't care for as much as the old Mini version. I forgot this one doesn't come in the Nano size.

• Members

Thank you, I stand corrected. The Mini, not the Micro, is the one to get. The Micro is the newer version (right?), which I didn't care for as much as the old Mini version. I forgot this one doesn't come in the Nano size.

yeah, that's it!! I've just sold a mini-qtron....it was very cool, but I couldn't really find a use for in the realms of my musical style! :freak:

'mini' as in 'same size as a big muff' :lol:

micro is XO sized. (not exactly what I call micro, either!!)

• Members

So I'm doing some spri-I mean, winter cleaning of ym board, and so I'm getting rid of a few pedals and planning on picking a few more up. So, these are what I'm looking at.

Distortion:

MXR Distortion +

MXR Distortion III

OD:

Ibanez TS7
(I have this and it's a decent pedal. I really like the tone of the Radial Tonebone Classic better)

Ibanez TS9

MXR GT-OD

Compression:

EHX Soul Preacher

MXR Super Comp

MXR Dyna Comp
(My personal Favorite)

Rocktron Big Crush

Guyatone ST-2

Fuzz:

Dunlop Fuzz Face

Ibanez FZ-7

Boost:

MXR Micro Amp

BBE Boosta Grande

EHX LPB-1
(I have the original LPB-2, and LOVE it)

Other:

Dano Chicken Salad

EHX Micro Q Tron

Ibanez LF-7 Lo Fi

Fender Blender

Dano Fish n Chips

And that's about it. Please, fill me in on any experience you've had with any of the mentioned pedals, good or bad, and tell me what you know or what you've heard.

THanks a bunch!
;)

:thu:

• Members

Here's the updates:

Distortion:

MXR Distortion III

OD:

Ibanez TS9

MXR GT-OD

Compression:

MXR Dyna Comp

Rocktron Big Crush

Boost:

MXR Micro Amp

BBE Boosta Grande

Other:

Dano Chicken Salad

EHX Micro Q Tron

Ibanez LF-7 Lo Fi

Fender Blender

Dano Fish n Chips

Tell me what you think of any of the above pedals. Especially the Distortion III, GT-OD, Rocktron Comp, and the boosts.

Thanks again.

Archived