TU-2 or CS-3 first? FX order

jmgruber

• Members

well, really the thought behind having a tuner first in the chain is to have it receive as pure a guitar signal as possible for tuning.. nothing wrong with a bit of compression, i'd reason... so tu2 or cs3 first? probably doesn't make a difference sound-wise. try both..

• Members

Are you running the TU-2 as a mute/tuner or have it in bypass mode?

I used to go put the TU-2 in front of my comp unit in "mute mode" until I got a passive Ernie Ball Volume pedal Jr, which most certainly sounds better with a Boss-type buffered pedal in front, instead of the volume pedal tuner out.

I still run the TU-2 in front, except it is now before the volume pedal in bypass output mode, which is followed by my pedalworx McSqueeze. Signal retained very nicely and no issues to speak of.

At the same time (may have nothing to do with your setup)...
As for a buffered pedal screwing up the signal of the next one in line, you'll traditionally find fuzzes, wahs, and Rangemaster clones often negatively affected by the high impedance of modern (buffered) pedals in general prior in the signal chain, which is why some purists like to put those guys immediately in front right after the guitar's low impedance signal.

$.02

Archived