Selling big gear

arcarsenal72

• Members

if you must sell and you are realistic about your prices, then i say ebay is the way to go. Exposure from ebay is much better than anywhere else. I have always been able to sell my gear except 1 time. I always use the shipping calculator to estimate the shipping cost for the buyer. The actual shipping procedure is a pain in the ass, especially if the gear is large.

craigslist is good but i have little experience. It's free to use. However, exposure sucks and you may have to be patient for something to sell.

• Members

Man, I let this thread die... whoops.

I'm trying to sell my drumset, pa system, bass head, and I'm debating on the two amps. I'd really like to start fresh and I figure with Christmas time more people could potentially want the stuff.

I've never done craigslist, so I'm kinda scared about doing that, with someone coming to your house and all. How do you get them to pay you for expensive gear?

Ebay has treated me well, both in getting and selling big ass gear, but shipping sucks a lot.

• Members

I've never done craigslist, so I'm kinda scared about doing that, with someone coming to your house and all. How do you get them to pay you for expensive gear?

You can have them meet you somewhere public (a mall, school, etc) if you don't want them at your house.

Archived