Bad bidders on eBay

monsterbot

• Members

I'm running a couple of auctions on eBay that are ending in a couple of hours (no this isn't spam). As always, I get a rash of zero feedback / new member bidders that bid toward the end of the auction. Every time one of them wins, they never follow through and pay.

Aside from manually canceling the bids and blocking the bidders one-by-one (which gets very difficult in the last seconds of the auction), is there a way to keep them from bidding?

• Members

Next do PayPal users only and have a 3 feedback limit option set...it's hard to find that option.

Also, you can cancel anyone's bids. They're coming from prank bidders mostly from outside America, who's got nothing better to do than to {censored} with us.

• Members

Next do PayPal users only and have a 3 feedback limit option set...it's hard to find that option.

Also, you can cancel anyone's bids. They're coming from prank bidders mostly from outside America, who's got nothing better to do than to {censored} with us.

Where is the three feedback option? I went through the setting / preferences, but can't find it.

Two of my non-payers were from Hong Kong. So I hear that.

• Members

Where is the three feedback option? I went through the setting / preferences, but can't find it.

It's really hard to find...but there's an extra options button when you create an auction. They make it obscure so we won't limit noobs...but we have to.

• Members

It's really hard to find...but there's an extra options button when you create an auction. They make it obscure so we won't limit noobs...but we have to.

I found this on my Buyer preferences page:

Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought 1 of my items in the last 10 days.

Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 0 or lower.

Is this what you are referring to? (Colored numbers are my new settings).

• Members

Someone else chime in, please.

Yes, PLEASE! I've canceled and blocked four zero feedback bidders in the last hour or so. It makes it look like shill bidding and real bidders tend to get skittish when shill bidding occurs (with good reason).

Thanks for your help Goominim, I did have the Paypal setting already checked, but the other one was new from the last time I ran an auction.

• Members

The result of those idiots is a lot of US-only auctions, often without exceptions, while I have a 100% positive feedback of more than 200... :(
(and more than 95% of it comes from abroad)

• Members

I'm running a couple of auctions on eBay that are ending in a couple of hours (no this isn't spam). As always, I get a rash of zero feedback / new member bidders that bid toward the end of the auction. Every time one of them wins, they never follow through and pay.

Aside from manually canceling the bids and blocking the bidders one-by-one (which gets
very
difficult in the last seconds of the auction), is there a way to keep them from bidding?

OK let me help you my mang.....

I understand what you are saying it really sucks

There is a function on Evil Bay that lets you block bidders that have a rating of lets say 10 positive feedback ( or whatever you like ) This is a free option and this will protect you from people that have 0 or whatever you set as your trigger.

Good Luck

Archived