Who has tinnitus?

EvilSoup

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've beaten the crap out of my hearing playing drums over the years, but no tinnitus yet. In fact, about two years ago I had my hearing tested with headphones in a soundproof booth to get a truck driving license. I almost put up a perfect score.

That being said, I wear earplugs as often as I can, definitely at shows. Don't want to end up like the guys in the Who

• Members

Practically deaf in my rt ear and left one isn't so great either.

Inherited partially from my mother. The rest is loud motorcycles, music, and workplace environment, but it started when I was a kid.

Sometimes, the frequency that I hear internally blocks all the external sonic info.

Othertimes, it'll just start without no sound at all to trigger it.

• Members

Moderate-to-severe in both. Got it from a local metal show years ago when I forget to bring ear plugs. A sludge band from New York was playing and I was digging their set so I just stayed. Constant ringing in both ever since. I usually don't notice it thanks to ambient noise, but when I go home to my parents' house in the country I have to either listen to the radio, or music, or put something that makes noise in the room or I will never be able to go to sleep. It is really, really loud and insanity-inducing in quiet places. It just sucks to think I'll never be able to "hear" quiet again :(

• Members

Had it for two years now, though not necessarily due to playing in a band. It's a symptom of Meniere's Disease. Fortunately, my vertigo attacks have been few and far between (haven't had one in nearly a year) and fairly mild. Was already a bit hard of hearing in my left ear, and it does seem to compound that from time to time. I always wear earplugs.

• Members

Had it for two years now, though not necessarily due to playing in a band. It's a symptom of Meniere's Disease. Fortunately, my vertigo attacks have been few and far between (haven't had one in nearly a year) and fairly mild. Was already a bit hard of hearing in my left ear, and it does seem to compound that from time to time. I always wear earplugs.

Meniere's sucks, I'm a hearing and speech sciences major and the University of Maryland and everything I've read/been lectured on about Meniere's makes it sound terrible, where do you go for treatment?

• Members

I just got home from band practice so I do have the ringing in my ears. but it goes away after a day or two. It seems to take longer to go away every time, and I'm starting to have trouble hearing people talk to me. Especially if I'm not looking directly at them. I'm 21 and kinda bummed about it, but earplugs just ruin the tone of everything, I can't stand 'em.

• Members

I have it pretty bad in my left ear. I was almost completely deaf in my left ear about a week ago. Fortunately, I recovered my hearing a couple of days ago. I don't play that loud anymore, but the damage is done. I have tendonitis really bad, too. Basically, guitar has {censored}ing ruined my life, just like Zappa said it would.

Archived