What are the best patch cables that minimise space-wastage on a pedalboard?

AxemBlack

• Members

I've got these decent Proel gold-plated patch cables but the plastic moulding around the jack is huge and sticks out a lot (even thouhg there are right-angled) so I can't have adjacent pedals as close as I'd want. I've seen some pics of pedalboards where the pedals are packed in quite tight. They must have a particular kind of patch cable. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Members
I use those Hosa brand patch cables - not sure if cable thickness is a big issue - cables are kind of thin bit they are great space savers.

cfs107_MED.gif

hey , where can i get these online? these are what im using right now, but i bought them all up at the local store.

• Members
I use those Hosa brand patch cables - not sure if cable thickness is a big issue - cables are kind of thin bit they are great space savers.

cfs107_MED.gif

I hope that these R/A jacks have been improved - when I built a pedalboard in the 80's I used these, but at the time there was no tag on the R/A Jack for attaching the earth cable... you were relying on a solder joint to the metal casing with no other mechanical way of securing. Made them pretty unreliable for me.

BF

• Members

I hope that these R/A jacks have been improved - when I built a pedalboard in the 80's I used these, but at the time there was no tag on the R/A Jack for attaching the earth cable... you were relying on a solder joint to the metal casing with no other mechanical way of securing. Made them pretty unreliable for me.

BF

I actually posted on here once cause I didn't get where to solder the ground. Best thing to do is tuck the wire back along the cable and screw it down.

Archived