Best Pedals to Pair With a Marshall?

dasuitekilla

• Members

I use a Marshall and the only pedal I've had that it hasn't really gone good with is an Ibanez TS7.

In all fairness, however, the two TS7's I had both started acting weird after a few weeks. :idk:

Currently I'm running;

EHX Double-Muff>EHX NYC Big Muff>Fender Blender>Ibanez DE7>EHX Flanger Hoax

And all of them sound great on it.

What kind of Marshall are you playing through?

• Members

Yea actually the SD-1 made my marshall sound really sweet. It gave it a really nice bite

My double-muff does the same thing. But, instead of just straight up OD, it's more of a fuzzy OD with a bit of grit. Very cool sound and exactly what I was looking for.

• Members
So do you guyz play distortion effects over the clean channel or the distorted onez?

drop the z's bro. im running a ds-2, ts-9, big muff, and fuzz factory into a jcm800 and all of them sound great. can marshalls sound bad?:confused:

i mostly use them on the clean channel except for the ts-9 i use to boost my amps overdrive. it really doesnt matter, try different things different ways, thats the quickest way to find out what you like/what works for you

• Members

So do you guyz play distortion effects over the clean channel or the distorted onez?

depends...

I have a JMP and I like distortion and fuzz pedals with the amp barely breaking up. For Fuzz, I currently play a Fuzz Factory, a Wooly Mammoth, or a Haunting Mids Fuzz.

If I'm running a lot of distortion from the amp, I really like modded LPB's if I need an extra boost.

I like the Fulldrive and the Jeckyll and Hyde if I need to run the amp clean, though for cleaninsh sounds, I'm not using the Marshall anymore. I'd rather run through a Bassman for cleans.

c

• Members

Just some crazy JCM2000 DSL100.

Both of those are completely different amps. Both are also quite expensive. From how you type, I'm doubting that you're very old - certainly not old enough to afford two $2000 amp heads.

No offense, but what are you actually playing through?

• Members

I like how a Big Muff Pi sounds over the JCM 800's drive. Gets pretty brutal.

I also enjoy my Micro Amp over the 900's. All other effects I own sound good with the 900 on either clean or drive channel.

The 800 however doesn't take modulation effects so well. That is the main reason I'm transfering to Fender.

Experimenting is your way to your tone.

Archived