If Jimi Hendrix could only use a current production fuzz pedal, which 1 would he use?

Dado Prso

• Members

You think he would still use a fuzz, an octace and a wha today ? He used them back then because it was about the only effetcs available...he had stuff custom built for him that was, like his music, constantly pushing the envelope. My best guess, to play the game, is that he would dwell heavily in Morello-esque realms of whammy-noise-unguitar sounding stuff...that or he would go back to his roots, playing old blues standards on a Danelectro plugged straight in a Silvertone 1482 amp...

But a 60 year old Hendrix playing a Marshall with an octave-fuzz and a wha ? no way man, no way.

• Members
Seriously, just like Clapton, we'd all be lamenting his decision to quit the smack.

Although, that time when Jimi guest-starred on Miami Vice with Run DMC would have been badass.

Except unlike with Clapton, there's no proof Hendrix ever did smack. Lots of weed and acid at least...

I'd buy an entire season of Miami Vice DVDs if he guested on the show with Run DMC though :eek:

• Members

If Jimi Hendrix was around now, he might not even be using a fuzz pedal at all.

Exactly. My bet is that he'd be playing an Ibanez Rg w/Floyd Rose through an Area 51 wah into three Ubershall Bogner stacks. Eventide rack in the loop, look out baby!

• Members

follow yer bc108 fuzz with BJFE mighty orange minivibe into a KLON dimed into :eek: T. Z. F. to aqua puss delay to a cranken dual recto with a silverburst stratplus with a New SRV neck on it perfectly... minivibe into the tzf is like giving the vibe a dracula cape to stalk the stage with its real radical.

• Members
Be the change you want to see.

Yes! :idea:

The spirit of Jimi can live on... or the ghost can keep haunting us.

Who knows what he would be using. The one that is clear is that he tried everything new that came out back in his day. Although if he still did that today he'd be so busy checking out pedals that he wouldn't have time to actually play any music.... like some of us here. ;)

• Members

The man loved to experiment. His wah sound was always different and constantly being tweaked by RM.

So basically, I think he would still be doing the same thing. Experimenting as much as he could and as often as he could. I remember reading and interview with RM (can't find it) that Jimi wanted to do a lot of stuff with delays and whatnot... so that would definitely be in there, and in abundance. I think his pedal collection would be any, and all pedals he was able to get. Boutique, commercial, you name it, he would probably have it. Like a little kid with a baseball card collection going through cards: "got it, got it, need it, got it etc..." grabbing anything he hasn't tried out yet.

I would have loved to see what he could have done with a whammy though. :eek:

• Members
Along with a strat,amp and cables, which one would he use?

He'd probably ditch the fuzz and play through a Soldano or Bogner, using a high end rack system for fx. :D Or maybe he'd be like Eric Johnson, still keeping some old gear held together for years that he'd always liked using. ;)

Archived