Any Daniel Ash love out there?

recovery

• Members

To me he is one of the most innovative guitarists around. Not incredibly technical, but his style and use of effects made his sound/tone unique.

Any idea on his rig? I know he used a Tele in the early days with Bauhaus as well as a Fernandes. I have seen a Roland amp on stage. I have seen him use a bow live, and pehaps an Ebow in the studio? What about Pedals?

• Members

Taken from another board -

Okay, on the current tour (saw them in NYC last Saturday, had drinks with my favorite beautiful woman in the world, and had a ton of fun at the show!)--this is what I could suss out in my drunken state:

2 unidentifiable dual-humbucker solidbody electrics (kinda Schecter-ish in style): single cutaways, with Les Paul style controls (toggle switch, volume/tone knobs), and a "whammy bar" tremelo bridge...

Black Takamine 12 string acoustic, a dreadnaught w/a cutaway (probably the same one used on the "GOTHAM" DVD), into a Roland acoustic amp (not an AC-60, probably an older model)...

A rack unit of some sort (can't ID these things, and remember:

*I was drunk and with an equally drunk gorgeous girl*!).

I can say it had blinking and flashing lights!

Asked the tech after the show what his pedal board was: the guy said (I think): "lots of BOSS pedals--a fuzz, an octaver, a delay, a flanger, a chorus, and another delay..."

After that--I went back into the NYC night, and...well, the rest of my evening is none of your damn business!

Anyone have any other thoughts, observations, corrections?

Take care, all!

• Members

I saw that Love and Rockets tour in '87 as well as both Bauhaus "reunion" tours. That intial tour with Bauhaus was just so freakin' awesome. I never felt like they were just going through the motions like so many other bands who reunite. The second time around Peter had obviously had enough, but Danny and the boys still put it down.

I also gotta say that Kevin Haskins is a totally underrated drummer. Not only is he an effin' metronome, but his beats are always creative and never that typical "rock" style drumming. I thought so much of what they did was programming until I saw him live with Bauhaus.

I don't know how to embed the Youtube vids, but here's a favorite of mine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C1Kq15LRK48

• Members

I saw that Love and Rockets tour in '87 as well as both Bauhaus "reunion" tours. That intial tour with Bauhaus was just so freakin' awesome. I never felt like they were just going through the motions like so many other bands who reunite. The second time around Peter had obviously had enough, but Danny and the boys still put it down.....

Yeah, I recall Murphy sang well but was almost motionless during the second tour. I heard he had been ill. :confused: That first tour with them opening with "Double Dare" and Murphy singing through that vertical TV was just mindblowing.

• Members

Yeah, I recall Murphy sang well but was almost motionless during the second tour. I heard he had been ill.
:confused:
That first tour with them opening with "Double Dare" and Murphy singing through that vertical TV was just mindblowing.

I agree, what an effin' great opening to a show! I was a Bauhaus fan for many, many years and NEVER thought I would witness such greatness. I just stood there stunned. Also, when they played "Severence" from Dead Can Dance I was blown away. I did not know they were covering it during their shows and it has always been one of my favorite songs. Their set list was just about perfect as well.

I heard the same thing about Murphy being ill during the second tour.

• Members

To me he is one of the most innovative guitarists around. Not incredibly technical, but his style and use of effects made his sound/tone unique.

Any idea on his rig? I know he used a Tele in the early days with Bauhaus as well as a Fernandes. I have seen a Roland amp on stage. I have seen him use a bow live, and pehaps an Ebow in the studio? What about Pedals?

He uses H&K amps mostly. I've heard he uses a Fernandes Sustainer. Not sure what pedals he uses. I want to say he used an old Digitech Delay rack but don't quote me on that.

Archived