effects cable snake?????

mfergel

• Members

OK. I know about the pedal snake but don't really care for the huge midi plug ends. Does anyone make a decent quality 1/4" snake with at least 4 cables (would be great if one or two was TRS as well). I've found this (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-Long-Mono-Dual-14-GuitarInstrument-Cable?sku=331803) but would like something in the 12 to 18 foot range with 4 cables as I need to run 3 back to the amp as well as one stereo cable back for amp channel switching.

• Members

I run 4 cables to my amp (pedalboard in, send, return, footswitch) I just cable tied three together (send, return, footswitch) and leave the other one seperate (no point keeping all my good cables tied together).

Works for me. I used tape for a long time but it was just messy and warpy. Maybe you could try heat shrink. I looked at looms for a while but they seem flimsy.

• Members

I think I'm going to end up going the route Lanefair does. I might even just wire up my own cables as I want right angles on the ends near the G-system. As for the one being TRS, I can actually run mono cables until the amp as the G-system relays are mono but the amp is a stereo cable for the switch so at some point, there needs to be a mono split. My concern with those snakes is the signal quality. The other guitar player in our band has a pedal snake on order for his setup so maybe I'll just wait to see what his looks like. I just hate the idea of all those midi connectors.

• Members

Yeah my amp (Peavey Classic 30) takes a TRS cable for the channel/reverb footswitch. And the reverb is the 'tip' signal and the channel is 'ring'. I couldn't care less for footswitchable reverb so I took a regular cable, put a trs jack on one end and wired the main cable to the sleeve and shorted the tip to ground to keep the reverb on (otherwise I couldn't have any reverb).

• Members

OK. I know about the pedal snake but don't really care for the huge midi plug ends. Does anyone make a decent quality 1/4" snake with at least 4 cables (would be great if one or two was TRS as well). I've found this (
) but would like something in the 12 to 18 foot range with 4 cables as I need to run 3 back to the amp as well as one stereo cable back for amp channel switching.

I make them. Many different cable brands to chose from. Make MIDI as well.

Archived