Ibanez Bimode chorus volume jump

blackba1

• Members

There are probably a pair of mixing resistors inside but youd need the schematic to find them. There are two choruses in there so youre essentially tripling the amount of signal coming out which is why there is a boost. I never thought it was all that bad with mine though.

• Members

I am not sure where to get a schematic, I could add a pot in the place of the resistor or just change the value. I typically only use the right 2 knobs of the chorus as I like that sound better.

I could use mine as a solo boost, its that bad....

• Members

I have an Ibanez BCL like this one:

I like the pedal, but I notice a pretty significant volume jump when I activate the pedal. Is this common and is there anyway to fix it?

With my BCL, I'd say there's a SLIGHT treble boost. I wouldn't consider it significant however. Ran it in formt of the amp too, but @ tail end of my chain of effects.

• Members

I think it might have something to do with Chorus itself, my Roland Jazz Chorus gets a volume boost when I flip it on. I think it has to do with the phasing of the cones and ear volume, not necessarily true volume as measured with a volumometer.

that might be the issue; but i always found this more often the case with phase shifters..

i recall playing though the ibanez cs9 briefly... twas nice, and didn't notice a boost.

OT: would two chorus pedals be called chori?

Archived