Tell me about the Boss octave pedal.

NoirAbattoir

• Members

doesn't sound like a green ringer at all. the knobs all function simultaneously, so when you dial in more or less of each signal [dry, -1, -2], they all blend to equal the output effect. green ringer goes up in octaves, this goes one and two octaves down.

personally, it's a staple to my sound for creating massive fuzz-soaked drones, low-frequency orchestral reverby swells and even just plain old bass lines under trebley riffs that are weak on their own.

kickass pedal, but hear me out on this: if you are seriously considering buying the boss oc-2, don't. buy the arion moc-1. i've compared both side by side and the arion tracks better, sounds fuller, and responds more fluidly. and it can be had for a mere $20. [/end rant].

• Members

No octave pedal has trouble tracking if you play it right. If you're playing a humbucker guitar in the bridge position plucking an open string, yeah most octavers will glitch. In my opinion 2 octaves down is overkill on a guitar, unless you're playing 2 octaves up.

• Members

Isn't the Arion plastic?

I get some fantastic sounds out of the OC-2.

For $20, it's hard to imagine it will last long.

::sigh::

unless your foot is 100 pounds and you like to stomp on your pedals like a sledgehammer, yeah, it's gonna break.

That being said you don't have to touch it gently to turn it on. Treat your pedals well and they're do the same for you.

Archived