Calling all Digitech EX-7 users.

Deadite99

• Members

Im thinking about geting the EX-7 but I thought i'd ask you guys some questions first so here it go's...My first question is about the distortion,Can you use the effects without the distortion and if so how do you turn it off.I went online and looked at the manual but did not see any thing on the subject.Second...I noticed while looking through the manual that it can be used as a volume pedal by bypassing model#7(ADA Flanger),Is it a decent volume pedal?,does it screw up your sound?,Etc.

Thanks in advance...

• Members

I believe you can get the same sound as "distortion only" out of the EX-7 by setting the effect to Univibe and distortion On, then rocking the pedal all the way back to the heel --
not
pressing hard on the heel - so that the Univibe is essentially off.

I've read that as well on these hallowed pages - it was vibe or a different mode where there is no effect with teh pedal heel down. Do a search there should be tons of info on this.

• Members

Thanks guys,I thought the heel switch turned the distortion on and off but the only thing the manual says about the heel switch is useing it to calabrate the pedal.And yes,in the manual it says by bypassing effects model #7 the pedal acts as a volume pedal,I was just wondering how well it works.If so I think the pedal would be worth it as a volume pedal and for the Space station effect alone.I've also heard that Its hard to press down on the toe switch but it cant be much harder than on my V-Wah.

• Members

I recently got an expression factory and added it to my board. the space station univibe and Leslie effects are what I got for. They all sound great, especially the Space Station. I didn't get it for the distortions, haven't even used them, don't really care for them. The pedal is built like a tank and although the switch is hard to activate, it feels solid, press down like you mean it and there isn't a problem. I don't use the whammy settings for i have a whammy on my board also.

The only problem with this pedal is that some of the effects are meant to be used after distortion (Space Station, Univibe, Leslie) and some before (Wahs, Whammy) So you have to determine were you place the pedal. I have it after distortion. The combination of distortion and the Space Station is incredible, literally played with for about two hours with this effect when I got it. Couldn't put the guitar down.

Its a great pedal, not perfect, but its definitely worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to bring this one back....

I am thinking about losing my MM4. It whacks out my signal and screws up my tone. SO....I am thinkig about getting an Ex7 to stll have some rotary type effects and then gain some pictch shifting stuff.

Do you guys think this is a good call or will I miss the MM4 like crazy?

• Members

i just tried this the other day and i dont know if i was doing something wrong, but me and the sales assistant had to jump on it to turn it on >_>

But i didnt really like the flanger, the wahs were all right, the whammy was standard (seeing as its digitech) and the rest was alright.

I didnt really like the real time flanger... i couldnt really control it well.

Oh and i didnt really like the sound of the distortions but thats just me

• Members

I have to bring this one back....

I am thinking about losing my MM4. It whacks out my signal and screws up my tone. SO....I am thinkig about getting an Ex7 to stll have some rotary type effects and then gain some pictch shifting stuff.

Do you guys think this is a good call or will I miss the MM4 like crazy?

Depends on what yo9u use the MM4 for. I have them both on board right now and they do 2 different things for me.

It works great as a volume pedal.

The switches are a little hard to turn on if you are sitting but when you are standing its no problem. If it is a problem then put it in a bypass loop.

Archived