What kind of reverb fx do you guys like, Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, or Modulated?

eddie.perez

• Members

I 've noticed that my boss unit has all these types of different effects just for reverb. Now i'm just wondering what type of reverb effect do people mostly use to record lead guitar tracks. I know most people tend to use thier spring reverb on thier amp. Maybe because it's the most natural sounding to them. I don't know. Let me know what's up.:thu:

• Members

Lead guitar? Probably the most common is just a bit of spring reverb. Perhaps plate on some studio stuff.

The larger sounding reverbs such as hall, or chamber or cave for us Verbzilla users tend to become mushy for mid to faster tempo stuff. It's used more as an effect than as an addition to the tone. If that makes sense?

It's really up to you man, whatever sounds good. Spring, room, and sometimes plate can be a good basis to start with to add a little extra to your sound. Once you get more familiar with the different sounds of those, move onto the hall or modulated settings for effect reverb types.

• Members
Springs 4 life.

Low-resolution digital verbs, too.
:love:

thats the way to go for me too.

believe it or not, i love the reverb on my vox ac30cc2. ive heard nothing but bad things about it, but when i got mine i really dug it. its a unique reverb, and its most definitely not fender. thats kinda why i like it. its not being used on EVERYTHING. its got its own sound. i kinda think thats the reason why people dont like it. it doesnt sound like the reverb they are used to.

with the mix about halfway on the hard drive setting, with a long delay OH MAN, its awesome.

It depends. :)

Live, I just use the onboard the amps spring verb.

In the studio, I tend to go for early reflections - either from the room / mic technique, or via plug-ins and rack gear. For a "wetter" lead part, I might reach for a spring reverb, plate reverb or occasionally a hall reverb. Out of all of that, I find ER programs and real early reflections generally to be the most useful overall, followed by plates and springs.

• Members
It depends.
:)

Live, I just use the onboard the amps spring verb.

In the studio, I tend to go for early reflections - either from the room / mic technique, or via plug-ins and rack gear. For a "wetter" lead part, I might reach for a spring reverb, plate reverb or occasionally a hall reverb. Out of all of that, I find ER programs and real early reflections generally to be the most useful overall, followed by plates and springs.

Why not use the same settings you use to record the guitar tracks in a studio and use them on live performences?

• Members
I 've noticed that my boss unit has all these types of different effects just for reverb. Now i'm just wondering what type of reverb effect do people mostly use to record lead guitar tracks. I know most people tend to use thier spring reverb on thier amp. Maybe because it's the most natural sounding to them. I don't know. Let me know what's up.
:thu:

Depends, but I find that I prefer a Lexicon Hall Reverb

Archived