How to create Bloc Party delay effects ?

sonic00

• Members

Russel just wants to be Greenwood. Still, so do I :(

Everyone is right. For Like Eating Glass he uses the 'Hold' function on what appears to be a DD3? Looked like that from where I was standing anyway. Good live band surprisingly!

Erm..

Bye.

• Members

Russel just wants to be Greenwood. Still, so do I
:(

Everyone is right. For Like Eating Glass he uses the 'Hold' function on what appears to be a DD3? Looked like that from where I was standing anyway. Good live band surprisingly!

Erm..

Bye.

Yep. Hold function.

And yes, they're great live. :wave:

• Members

don't know which ones he uses, but he tweaks alot. As in half of the show he's on his knees turning the knobs of his pedals for self oscillation. He's pretty good at it too. Really makes an instrument out of his pedal. Not really my kind of music though.

• Members

For his overdrive he uses a Boss OD-2, the yellow one...

Hmm

# BOSS LS-2 Line Selector.

# BOSS DD-6 Delay (Four in a series rig)

# BOSS DD-5 x2 (1 set to reverse)Delay.

# BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion

# BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter. x2

# BOSS PW-10 Wah

# BOSS TR-2 Tremolo.

# BOSS TU-2 Tuner.

# BOSS RV-5 Reverb.

It says that on wikipedia. But doesnt say that here: :confused:

blocparty_090305_9.jpg

It's Kele with the OD in that picture.

• Members

cool band. i envy them, but when i look at that pic, i cant help but think "theres a band who got their upfront money and went to the local gc and bought everything they needed" not an ounce of dirty or vintage/etc there...

Love this band, been listening to everything I could get my hands on in heavy rotation.

I guess they don't really require dirty or vintage to give them their sound, hell I love Russell's thin and buzzy DS-2 into Fender tone.

I'm pretty sure these are their weapons of choice judging by their knowledge of the capabilities of their equipment especially with the delay usage which are tasteful and fit their songs pretty damn well.

Archived