New RV-3 makes me want to have a Boss orgy

djfu

• Members

Brand new off ebay for about $140 (and that's a whole 'nother story).

Stuck it in front of a Rat, immediately started getting SOUND team awesomeness (anybody listen to them?). I love the 2000ms, which I haven't had since my DD-5 was stolen (I avoided digital for a while after that out of mourning). I love the crystalline, saran wrap quality of the plate, and the cyclical, rhythmic splashes you get with delay+hall. LOVE it. I even love the smell of the rubber pad on the bottom.

I'd been thinking about getting a Keeley comp next, but now I'm tempted to get a CS-3 just because the RV-3 won so many points for Boss products...it can't be THAT noisy, can it? (haven't tried one yet) I like squash and metallic quality people describe, and I'm not really a big compressor connoisseur and Nels Cline uses one!

Signal chain:

Board 1

Boss TU-2 -> FoxRox Octron -> Monsterpiece NPN -> Zvex Wah Probe -> SweetSound MojoVibe -> Keeley DS-1 -> Keeley TR-2 -> Chunk Systems Agent 00Funk -> Keeley AD9 ->

Board 2

comp -> treble booster -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RV-3 -> ProCo TurboRat

I know, "pics or it didn't happen," but it's finals, and I have to borrow somebody's camera. Board 1 is analog, vintage solo-y stuff, Board 2 is digital, modern rhythm-y stuff, so I can use them separately depending on the occasion, but connect them together Voltron-style when I have the time/space.

Grownups, pay attention: this is what happens to your kids when you pressure them to do well in school.

Archived