Where to get switch for DL4 repair?

sventvkg

• Members

Hey guys, I just put 4 new silver stomp switches on my DL4 but it seems one of the flat switches on the PC board that the siwtch spring clicks on and off, is taking a {censored} and unfortunately its the 2nd switch which is the one I need for shutting the loop on and off...Where can I get a replacement for this little black square clicking switch so the DL4 isn't screwed? Any info greatly appreciated!

• Members

If you don't want to solder you can still fix it. Try doing a search here, a year or two ago someone posted how to pop off the clear/white cover of that little thing and fix it. I did it a while ago and it worked great. I'm not sure if I can describe it enough but basically inside there is a copper disc that tends to lose it's springyness, if you bend it a little it will get it back. The only slight problem I had was some of the little spots that hold the covers on broke off. They held ok with the ones left and I put a little tape on to make sure it didn't pop up. The part posted above from Digikey looks like the right one.

Archived