I got suspended!

HMCMedic

• Members

You left out the part about the P&W thread being closed as well..;)
These are the rules and you violated them intentionally..Suck it up..:poke:

While we encourage hearty debate, you must disagree with others in a respectful manner. There is enough anger out in the world that we surely don't need more here. If you post in a manner that appears to be intentionally rude to others, or if you remain engaged in an argument by continuing to post on a thread in an argumentative fashion, you can expect that the moderators and admins will take action. Say what you need to say, say it well and be willing to have others disagree with respect towards you.

(from tgp)

I pissed off the P&W dorks in another one of their "do you use pedals at church that others may be offended by" (they do this thread at least once a week)

And then I started a "pedal board for satan worship" thread.

I got booted till after X-Mas but I think I'll just not go back. I only did it for a couple of reasons.

1. I was raised southern baptist and now I pretty much hate all organized religion because their followers are usually the worst of the worst as far as human beings go.

2. They are constantly starting up threads to get their views out, I know they go to internet forums and start up discussions and turn it into something else revolving around their views. I know guys that post on forums and view it as their "mission field" they call themselves "cyber missionaries" and it pisses me off:)

My points were proven to me right away as I got more than a few PM's from multiple guys that were pissed at me for trash talking in their thread. They even used all sorts of swear words at me, insulted me, called me names, made sexual comments...........typical religious behavior:cop:

• Members

I read that thread at TGP and i agree that TGP has double standards as far as what 'religious' posts are allowed to stay and which are not, but this:

I pretty much hate all organized religion because their followers are usually the worst of the worst as far as human beings go.

is a pretty ridiculous thing to say about people. :poke:

• Members

I was following that thread. Its interesting to note that the actual subject of religion wasn't actually brought up in the discussion until the trouble starters brought it up. Read the first page, it was a good discussion about a problem many p&w players deal with. Then read the second page, the subject of religion wasn't brought in by people taking the thread seriously.

Just an observation. In the interest of open information, I'm a worship pastor.

Anyway,given the apparent hostility towards Christians in just about every single guitar forum out there, I try to avoid jumping into those type of threads (and this one too, stupid me). But, there is a board out there for Christian guitarists to gather and discuss that sort of topic. I won't say what it is, simply because I don't want to be accused of spreading the evil Christian agenda that people seem to think exists.

• Members

I was following that thread. Its interesting to note that the actual subject of religion wasn't actually brought up in the discussion until the trouble starters brought it up. Read the first page, it was a good discussion about a problem many p&w players deal with. Then read the second page, the subject of religion wasn't brought in by people taking the thread seriously.

Anyway,given the apparent hostility towards Christians in just about every single guitar forum out there, I try to avoid jumping into those type of threads (and this one too, stupid me). But, there is a board out there for Christian guitarists to gather and discuss that sort of topic. I won't say what it is, simply because I don't want to be accused of spreading the evil Christian agenda that people seem to think exists.

PM please??

• Members

Just an observation, but by posting this reply you are doing exactly what you say you aren't doing and thereby proving that there is an evil christian agenda . . . :poke:

• Members

Just an observation, but by posting this reply you are doing exactly what you say you aren't doing and thereby proving that there is an evil christian agenda . . . :poke:

Yeah, stupid me...I let the cat out of the bag. Soon, the world will fall to our agenda.

• Members

Since when was it your job to send people PM's when you don't like something they are saying in a thread? Follow your own rules and report or ignore. You have the right to post and I don't? Once again a typical right winger nut job, complains about people that break rules but the rules never apply to them.

I sent you the PM because I'm sick of all the childish 30 and 40 somethings over there who get offended by stupid crap and run to the mods. Oops I guess we need a rule for that now. You can't say anything over there thats not positive and non offending now because of people like you. If you're not a big enough boy to look past threads you don't like you probably shouldnt be on a forum in the first place.

The other funny ass thing in all of this is that you do this type of thing over here all the time! You are constantly stirring {censored} up over here with people but god forbid someone do it at your beloved gear page! I post here, there, and everywhere and I am pretty much myself every place I go. (I'm surprised I haven't been banned over there until now:)) You and the other guys that act one way here and have this alternate personality over at the other place just make me laugh.

Like?? Other people who ruin the quality of the forum? I get into it with Zachman alot because thats just fun. I have no real problem with the guy. The only other people I've outright trolled over here have been Urinate Forever and Kittie Rose. I think we can both agree they needed banning anyway. Besides that go through my post history at TGP. I'm not all that popular over there. If its BS I call it BS. If you see me doing something banworthy here by all means PM me and let me know. The only place I have a different personality is the Tonefactor Forums and thats out of respect for Brad.

• Members

:rolleyes:

Although I don't agree with what HMCMedic did (trolling a religion-based thread), I DO agree with some of his views. Particularly that these "cyber missionaries" are absolutely not Christians in any sense of the word. The same goes for many of the people out there who *claim* to be Christian. Many of the meanest, uncaring people that I've met in my life claimed to be Christians. It seems like if I meet someone who's wearing a crucifix, they're likely to be an asshole. Just the other day some random woman tried to RUN ME OVER with her car as I was crossing a street. Sure enough, shining right there on her neck, a great big crucifix. She stared right at me and would have intentionally run me over if I hadn't literally jumped out of the way.

You have people CONSTANTLY prodding others to join their form of Christianity. Look at the Jehovah's witnesses. They come to your house to harass you about joining their "religion." A "religion" that discourages learning and bettering yourself. What do they encourage? Giving your money and possessions to their church and recruiting more members to do the same - all while keeping them uneducated. Do you know what that is? That's a CULT.

I'm not saying every form of "Christianity" is like that, but there are quite a few. One thing they all share in common is the fact that they all revolve around MONEY.

Then, you have bible-thumpers who justify it all and attack anyone who questions their religion. It's sickening. Questions are asked to find answers, and answers lead to having a better education on a subject. It seems that when questions arise about anything to do with Christianity, a flame war ensues.

Again, I don't support HMCMedic's actions with trolling a thread. However, I'm even more appalled at what the so called "Christians" did afterward.

Archived