I got suspended!

HMCMedic

• Members

In general, Southern Baptists are pretty legalistic. I know ... I was raised as one. That's a tough way to be brought up. I did a lot of rebelling...

I certainly agree that a lot of "Christians" are anything but Christ-like, but there are still some good ones out there.

• Members

I read TGP regularly and just end up shaking my head, esp. at the amp forum- the other day there was not a single brand on the first page that I recognized

I will never bother to reg there because I dont think I would last long

oh once I saw a thread where dozens of them were admitting they never played their gear at all lol

• Members
(from tgp)2. They are constantly starting up threads to get their views out, I know they go to internet forums and start up discussions and turn it into something else revolving around their views. I know guys that post on forums and view it as their "mission field" they call themselves "cyber missionaries" and it pisses me off:)

My points were proven to me right away as I got more than a few PM's from multiple guys that were pissed at me for trash talking in their thread. They even used all sorts of swear words at me, insulted me, called me names, made sexual comments...........typical religious behavior:cop:

Do you honestly think thats what that thread was about? I mean really if you're that disturbed by something from your past maybe you should talk to someone. That thread had nothing to do with "getting the word out" or anything like that. And yes I know people like that too and they're annoying but you labeling anyone who discusses something to do with church or christianity as a "cyber missionary" shows your complete inability to look past your own emotional problems with the subject and see what they're really talking about.

And yes I pm'd you and said you were being a dickhead. It doesnt take a particularly evil person to recognize someone for what they are. Like I said in my PM I would have sent you the same PM over any other subject at TGP. Its people like you that force the mods to make more rules. Since you're not grown up enough to look past threads that you don't like they're forced to close threads and hand out infractions.

Very well played on making it not your fault for getting suspended. What caused it again? Oh yeah, you werent following the rules. I'm trying to see where that involves anyone else. :rolleyes:

• Members

So, you went into their thread to piss them off and they got pissed off and acted like they were pissed off. So now you're pissed at them for getting pissed off when your only goal was to piss them off.

I guess any way you slice it you win. Did you actually identify yourself or did you use an alt?

• Members

seriously, if jesus came back to earth......he would be embarrassed.

I can hear him now, "who the hell do these christians think they are anyway!!"

actually that's probably why he hasn't......too ashamed of what people do and say in his name.

• Members

seriously, if jesus came back to earth......he would be embarrassed.

I can hear him now, "who the hell do these christians think they are anyway!!"

actually that's probably why he hasn't......too ashamed of what people do and say in his name.

What no one seems to understand was that nothing in that thread was being "done in his name". It was simple talk about a certain issue that for the most part only applies to church players. It was about whether some pedals graphics are suitable for church. Whether you think thats silly or not is up to you but thats all the conversation was over. I still dont understand why people get so offended by this stuff.

• Members

(from tgp)

I pissed off the P&W dorks in another one of their "do you use pedals at church that others may be offended by" (they do this thread at least once a week)

And then I started a "pedal board for satan worship" thread.

I got booted till after X-Mas but I think I'll just not go back. I only did it for a couple of reasons.

1. I was raised southern baptist and now I pretty much hate all organized religion because their followers are usually the worst of the worst as far as human beings go.

2. They are constantly starting up threads to get their views out, I know they go to internet forums and start up discussions and turn it into something else revolving around their views. I know guys that post on forums and view it as their "mission field" they call themselves "cyber missionaries" and it pisses me off:)

My points were proven to me right away as I got more than a few PM's from multiple guys that were pissed at me for trash talking in their thread. They even used all sorts of swear words at me, insulted me, called me names, made sexual comments...........typical religious behavior:cop:

im sorry sweet little sugar pea. everythings going to be ok. i promise.:)

and god bless.

• Members

Actually, I use a Snarling Dogs ABY box. The little red lights are the dog's eyes on the graphic. Every so often someone will walk up to me a church, look down at the pedal and say, "What is that?!?. They usually just walk away shaking their heads. Christians need to have a sense of humor, too.

Archived