I need opinions!

homestar_kevin

• Members

So I paid off my hwy 1 strat at gc today! :thu: (thanks to anyone who has bought a pedal in the past month or so) but now I need opinions on pickguards.

I got both of these at a local music go round for like 5 bucks each, so thats sweet. They're a little beat up, but I dig it. I think it works well considering the sunburst is like faded/stained anyway.

72si3vl.jpg

(A)Stock....

85fcnpu.jpg

(B)Black...

86649sg.jpg

©or Tortoise...

82tq2it.jpg

• Members

I'd go with white or black...that tortoise shell just doesn't look too good on the sunburst. :poke:

nah, that's just the flash making it look brighter than it really is, my bass player has a tort plate on his HW1 bass and it looks great.

• Members

I dig black, but you know I love black pickguards. Still jealous dude.

They still have two of them man! Just get off your maple neck kick

474901.jpg

That guy is for you brett! that would look great with a black guard! for 388 bucks!? get out of town man. go there and buy that {censored}.

I think i'm putting a peavey classic 50 410 on layaway next. hahahaha

• Members

Hmmmm...whenever I see a sunburst and a black pickguard I just think of SRV wannabees so that one is out for me (and don't get me wrong, I have great respect for SRV). White looks clean. But I think I'll go with the tort. It looks kind of funky, but more in a cool unique way.

Archived