Planning a US Tour - DIY - 2008

paganifuzz

• Members

hi there guys,

the band I am currently playing with will be self releasing a new album in spring 08 and we are coming to US to "rock"(?)

check: CAPITOL K

its a collage of everything that has influeced us in the past year or 2... psychedelia and dance all together...

anyways, we are looking for ideas of places to play... we are looking into west coast so far in the month of March, we are already confirmed for SXSW'08 so this is second week of march (12-16)

So who here has any good idea or contact to share with us? or even better share some gigs.... we are open to a fair amount of suggestion...money is an issue but we will not let few 0000 get on our way of ivestment in ourselves.... within reason, of course!!!

so... cool venues and promoters or bands to share gigs and maybe travel, may the discussion commence now.....please:thu:

• Members

Like the sound you guys have.
I live about 4 hours south of Austin, there's a good venue here you could play at, it'd probably be really easy to book the gig if you plan ahead.
I know a few cool bands here, that could maybe open. The project i'm working on should be ready by then. You could go from here, to maybe San Antonio or San Marcos, and then proceed to Austin. Denton is about 4 hours north of Austin and has a good music/art scene going on right now.

• Members
that sounds like a start... could you give me more info on that....

hey thanks... that particular gig was a strange one for me.... no sleep... really cold and we had no drummer!!!! haaaa! but that was a cool venue!
:thu:

I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. Go on myspace and look up House of Rock, add them, just send them a message asking if you could book a show and let them know one. Let them know where you're from and your situation. Specify whether or not youd like to headline. It's a good size venue with good sound, and capable soundmen. Sometimes they have slightly "big" acts come thru (helmet, norma jean, horse the band, hank williams III), so maybe if you time it right you can get a middle slot at one of those shows. If not, I know people in most of the local bands and can find you one or two bands to play with. I dont know if you have a preference in style. If you book it, I'd be willing to help you out by going over there and giving them flyers to put up and promote. The scene isnt very good over here, the kids are into skate punk and crappy breakdown metal, and the older cats are into pseudo-reggae and those Nickelback type bands. But aside from that, there's a really good bands that some of my friends are in, and the stuff im working on will hopefully be ready. Like I said, you'd maybe be able to play here, drive up 2 1/2 hours to San Antonio play there(i can ask a guy i know about venues there too), Austin is about 1 1/2 hours or so from there, between SA and Austin there's a college town called San Marcos, where you may be able to get a show too. If anything, you'd get 2-3 gigs before SXSW to get the kinks out and get a few practice shows, maybe a couple hundred bucks(which youll spend on gas anyway). From there, you can head up towards the Dallas/Denton area, or head east towards Houston/New Orleans. It would help to know where you're starting at, cause you'd be able to hit all of those cities, if you start early enough and start from the East. Texas is a huge place. Let me know if I can help you out, id be glad to.

• Members

Texas is a good place to do some gigs, and a good place to use to get to other places. You can easily get 2-3 gigs in the D/FW area (Denton, Ft. Worth, and Dallas) and from here you can get up to Tennessee our out to Lousiana, Oklahoma, or New Mexico. Or you can hit Austin area, and either head out from there, or head down to Houston.

Archived