Jazzmaster Pickups

TheHarakiriEnd

• Members

I just ordered JM-V vintage Jazzmaster pickups from Curtis Novak. I did so after hearing some of the clips from forumites at
www.offsetguitars.com
. I'll be putting them in sometime this week. From what I've heard, they merit your consideration as well.

www.curtisnovak.com

Thanks! I have looked at Duncan, Fralin, and Lollar so far. You have the links to that thread on Offset? I go there sometimes.

• Members

I just ordered JM-V vintage Jazzmaster pickups from Curtis Novak. I did so after hearing some of the clips from forumites at
www.offsetguitars.com
. I'll be putting them in sometime this week. From what I've heard, they merit your consideration as well.

www.curtisnovak.com

I have a JM-V and a JM-90 (P-90 designed to fit in a Jazzmaster) from Novak. I like both quite a bit. But I've never tried any of the other suggested pickups, so really have no point of reference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Installed the Novak JM-V pickups tonight. Absolutely stone killer sound! Incredible clarity, even when pushing the gain envelope. Richness and complexity -- all I bought a Jazzmaster to get. Now my Jazzmaster sounds like the '65 I heard when I was a kid at a friend's house. Can't do clips until late next week; we're gigging every day through New Year's Day. But the Jazzmaster WILL be there for every one of these gigs. It sounds insanely good, and I am extremely happy with the purchase. Curtis Novak, you rock. Hard.

And his Strat & Tele pickups are supposed to be great, too. Oy...

Archived