I can has distortionz?

gappa

• Members

I have slowly been upgrading my gear to the point where I am getting a bit respectable. Not booteek level but I has the stuff I need right now. Not much but what I need. The thing is I cannot get away from my digitech RP350. It is the engine for all my sounds. Never got a complaint about my tone but honestly I am feeling the need to go with all single pedals. That's right guys. You've gradually won me over :lol:
So, the main thing I needz is a good distortion. I don't do brewtal gainz. High gain, yeah but not brewtal. I am looking for something that is very punchy with a good chunk but with nice clear definition.

I also need AFFORDABLE.

When I say that I mean reeeeally affordable. I am reeaallllly poor

I realize this might be a tall order. But I submit to your knowledge.
Anyone with anything used and good, get in touch. I am willing to accept donations as well ( I missed that tonebone giveaway thread. Rats! ) heh.

Thanks!

• Members

The rp350's not bad, and some of its distortion pedal emulations are better than the pedals (IMO). I'd say get a good amp (or poweramp) and maybe a fuzz or two and you'll be set.

I'd reccomend a Big Muff-ish fuzz or a RAT if you have to get something. Both are great pedals and both are better than the digitech emulations.

Honestly, though, I think a tube poweramp would do more for your tone than anything.

• Members

Who started that "who can has thing"? I wanna punch them in the neck.

+1 on that bro. I'm also tired of those 'teH brewTalZ' amp references.

Get a clue guys. That {censored} is real old.

As to the question... For affordable, try the Zoom HyperLead, Tri-Metal or the Rocktron Metal Planet. Can be found used for $60-$80 thereabouts.

• Members

Who started that "who can has thing"? I wanna punch them in the neck.

I like the Danelectro Fab Tone and Daddy-O...

falls into the lolcats category. icanhascheezburger.com. i doubt enough people go to SA to actually know what "day i got cookie" means.

• Members

Hmm. Well, I have been a/bing the distortion box models on the digitech...I know it's not as good as the real things but so far the rat seems very nice. Actually I kinda like the ds-1 as well. The muff is cool but I rarely use a real fuzz tone. I like the mxr distortion as well but it doesn't have as much bite as I like I think.
I DO have a couple of stomps now but they seem to get bad reviews. Lemme know what you think-

Boss metal zone- Have tried this and it seems okay. I like the EQ section. I turn the gain no higher than 11 o'clock tho.
Digitech Grunge. This is actually on my board as a backup and a mute pedal( with level at 0 ). I like the direct out as a last line backup. I run it with the grunge actually at 0 and get a nice sizzle and not as much noise.

Don't get me wrong. I love the digitech but for some reason individual pedals seem more appealing to me at this point. Although I will, at the very least, need to add 2-3 pedals to replace the one multi fx.
Hmm...

Archived