Post pictures illustrating your love for music

veil

• Members

I would like to point out the irony here, though it is really only in my own perspective. Using the love of music to inspire music is kinda... meaningless.

In my perspective (which probably isn't worth much), music is just a medium for self-expression (most often for communicative purposes). There is no meaning in the medium itself. In fact, I would even tend to argue that music is an abstract notion with no concrete definition. I am thankful that music exists as a medium, both for my own expression, and for what others have created with it. However, if I have any passion for music, it is about that which is made, as opposed to the medium itself. Post a picture about that would be like posting a picture illustrating my love for a blank page.

However, perhaps when you say music, you mean specific pieces of music. It is difficult to tie these together, as I love some pieces and dislike others. Even among those that I like, they affect me so differently depending on their content and construction (not to mention the my response to that content is dictated by who I am at the moment of hearing).

Essentially, every piece of music that I love demands a different picture to illustrate my love for it.

But, I have an idea.

• Members

I would like to point out the irony here, though it is really only in my own perspective. Using the love of music to inspire music is kinda... meaningless.

In my perspective (which probably isn't worth much), music is just a medium for self-expression (most often for communicative purposes). There is no meaning in the medium itself. In fact, I would even tend to argue that music is an abstract notion with no concrete definition. I am thankful that music exists as a medium, both for my own expression, and for what others have created with it. However, if I have any passion for music, it is about
that which is made
, as opposed to the medium itself. Post a picture about that would be like posting a picture illustrating my love for a blank page.

However, perhaps when you say music, you mean specific pieces of music. It is difficult to tie these together, as I love some pieces and dislike others. Even among those that I like, they affect me so differently depending on their content and construction (not to mention the my response to that content is dictated by who I am at the moment of hearing).

Essentially, every piece of music that I love demands a different picture to illustrate my love for it.

But, I have an idea.

Less words, more pictures.

• Members
you obviously dont know what the word 'irony' means.

it would be ironic to beat someone to death with a humanitarianism plaque.

or it would be ironic to be late to accept an award for punctuality.

hope this helps, junior.

oh and...

:)

I meant it more in the sense of dramatic irony:

incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play

Archived