Milk Box Compressor = Piece of Shit

Standard8

• Members

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DOD-FX84-Milk-Box-Compressor-Pedal?sku=150059

This pedal sounds like it does it's job in the sound clips. But it's too cheap to be true.

Do any of you have personal experience with this pedal and is it a piece of {censored}? Why is it so cheap? I'm wary. I'm buying a compressor very very soon. Thanks.

• Members

ive actually heard some people recommend them around the forums, definately a cheap option, but i don't think it is a complete piece of {censored}... i use a keeley and i would always recommend saving for one of those, but if you're looking for a cheeper option the milkbox, dynacomp, maybe some used boss cs series compressor would do the job.

• Members

You should edit your title and put a question mark at the end....it sounds like you've already tried the pedal and are declaring it a piece of {censored}.....after reading your post I find neither is the case...

It's a method of deliberately getting the attention of people who own the pedals and like them (or agree they are {censored}). Those are the opinions I want.

• Members

It's a method of deliberately getting the attention of people who own the pedals and like them (or agree they are {censored}). Those are the opinions I want.

It's a method of being a {censored}ing hypocritical prick.

I'm sorry man, but to blatantly declare something a piece of {censored} in the title of a thread, then in the content of the thread ask people if you should by one is a giant douche thing to do.

808_img_11.jpg

• Members

...really?

:confused:

yes. at first, it was cause thats the only place it fit and wanted to try it out, i got it in a trade and wasnt sure if i'd like it. I recently changed my setup a bit, added new pedals, and put it in the beginning, where is "supposed" to go. but for some reason, i like it at the end. and i rarely turn it off.

• Members

It's a method of being a {censored}ing hypocritical prick.

I'm sorry man, but to blatantly declare something a piece of {censored} in the title of a thread, then in the content of the thread ask people if you should by one is a giant douche thing to do.

I agree.

But, this thread isn't about WAH pedals. Do you have anything else to contribute?

• Members

This pedal sounds like it does it's job in the sound clips. But it's too cheap to be true.

Whether it's "too good to be true" comes down to how picky you are and personal taste.

At 49.99 this isn't the cheapest compressor pedal around by any stretch.

All these guys below are less money than the Milkbox, some of them are half the price and there are many other choices as you approach and pass the $50 mark by even just a little.

l-dcp1.jpg

yhst-13806585372374_1981_357870999

481276.jpg

<brhttp://images.miretail.com/products/full/Danelectro/632866104468863434.jpg>

632866101533588506.jpg

632866104468863434.jpg

Archived