Digitech XP 200 Modulator Question

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

I think I've found my answer partly. I'm guessing that the Auto Pan is sawtooth only. So, next question is, is it any good? Is it at least as good as the PN-2?

XP-200 Effects

Rotary Speaker Rotary 1 Sloe/Fast, Rotary 1 Brake/Fast,

Rotary 2 Slow/Fast, Rotary 2 Brake/Fast,

Rotary 3 Slow/Fast, Rotary 3 Brake/Fast,

Chorus 2 Voice Shallow, 2 Voice Medium, 2 Voice Deep,

4 Voice Shallow, 4 Voice Medium, 4 Voice Deep

Flanger Shallow, Medium, Deep, Manual 1, Manual 2, Triggered

Phaser Shallow, Medium, Deep, Manual 1, Manual 2, Triggered

Vibrate Vibrate 1, Vibrate 2, Vibrate 3, Vibrate 4, Vibrate 5, Vibrate 6

Tremolo Shallow, Deep

Auto Pan Narrow, Wide

Panner Manual

Volume Pedal

Chromatic Tuner

• Members

no, because it has that stupid 'trim' control which makes your signal sound brittle and {censored}s with the unity levels across your pedals...

I owned teh xp100 and xp200 at the same time, god aweful mess of effect laiden ambience and harshness :thu: , but clean sound when off was almost like it had a reallt really slight comb filter on the signal :cry:

stick with the ehx stereo pulsar for $60-75 used and you are set...

• Members

no, because it has that stupid 'trim' control which makes your signal sound brittle and {censored}s with the unity levels across your pedals...

I owned teh xp100 and xp200 at the same time, god aweful mess of effect laiden ambience and harshness
:thu:
, but clean sound when off was almost like it had a reallt really slight comb filter on the signal
:cry:

stick with the ehx stereo pulsar for $60-75 used and you are set...

Thanks for the info, hangwire.

Thing is, I really want the XP-300 more than the XP-200, but I figured if I sell my BOSS PN-2, I'm halfway toward the price of an XP-1000 JetPack. I would only sell the PN-2 if the XP-200 could replace it. That sux to hear that the bypass is such {censored}e. I guess I would need a bypass-looper to remove it from the chain when disengaged :(

• Members

Thanks for the info, hangwire.

Thing is, I really want the XP-300 more than the XP-200, but I figured if I sell my BOSS PN-2, I'm halfway toward the price of an XP-1000 JetPack. I would only sell the PN-2 if the XP-200 could replace it. That sux to hear that the bypass is such {censored}e. I guess I would need a bypass-looper to remove it from the chain when disengaged
:(

xp-1000? i thought that was a typo... link?

yeah, i owned them in the 90s, pre DIY looper boxes... that would be a decent solution that i didn't consider :freak:

maybe one of those alesis ampiltons if you are thinking looper box would work too. I had the philter and loved it in a microlooper [italso had that stupid trim control :mad: ]

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1525389

The xp-1000 combines the xp 100, 200, 300, and 400 all in one box
:eek:

that might be too much {censored} for one package, though... as each xp might only have 3-4 patches that are decent.

the space station was nice to {censored} around with, but not very usable musically in band or recording settings. I got a cheap 70s analog synth with a few pedals on it that sounds much better and does more than a xp300, and cheaper too :thu: just something to consider... i sold my mooger fooger ring mod and all my 'experimental pedals' once I got my knob laced synth and thew an ineko and a digitech pds20/20 after it. just my opinion, but try it yourself... easier to tweak at waist level too, no more expression pedal needs :thu:

Archived