man i really want a space echo

letveronafall

• Members

Best thing to do, is just watch the ebay auctions, and see what they end for. Seems like there is always a few listed. The price seems to have gone up this year. The RE-201 seems to go for $450-$650 depending on condition. RE-301's go for alot more. I keep hoping that "someday" they will become uncool once more. Then, I can get one for $50. Kinda makes me wish the 80's would happen again, Gearwise.:cry:

• Members

I got an RE-201 for $250 on the 'bay. Actually Santa got it, but I was sneaky and played with it for 15 minutes last week. :evil: You know, just to make sure it worked....

All it needed was a new tape, which was an easy $15 to spend. The auction listed that 'the echo doesn't work sometimes' or such and such, and being that I know some guy that's really good with tape-based stuff, I told santa to jump on it. Well, when I played it, it was crap. Great-sounding, but fuzzy and low output. Put the new tape in, and it works like a charm.

I bought a tape head demagnatizer, and I'll go over it with that on christmas morning, though I can't imagine it sounding much better after I do that. It already sounds so great.

Yes, it will be a very nice Christmas indeed.

Archived