POG & HOG

BoogieWoogie

• Members

They are actually very different pitch shifters.

I have the H.O.G. Some of the strengths of the H.O.G.? It has a polyphonic amplitude envelope which allows you to do swells like a BOSS Slow Gear, EHX Attack Decay, or a PigTronix Attack Sustain. Use the Attack-Decay sliders to tweak the parameters.

It has 7 expression pedal modes: octave up or down (like a whammy), whole note step bend up or down, volume pedal, freeze gliss (holds a note or chord as a drone), freeze gliss volume, wah (the weakest mode IMO), and filter (allows you to do sweeps that you can tweak with the Frequency and Resonance Slides, very cool for MicroSynth-like textures).

Also, the Spectral Gate allows you to gradually bring in other octaves in the blend.

• Members

For the record: I've heard that the MicroPOG is actually better than the POG. Obviously, not quite as versatile, but great nonetheless. I've heard that it nails the organ tones and some people actually prefer it to the full version because of a) tone; b) price; and c) size.

• Members

For the record: I've heard that the MicroPOG is actually better than the POG. Obviously, not quite as versatile, but great nonetheless. I've heard that it nails the organ tones and some people actually prefer it to the full version because of a) tone; b) price; and c) size.

You reckon the MicroPOG nails the organ tones?

I have the full version POG and having trouble getting a realistic organ tone. I do get that organy swell but only when I let the strings ring- sounds really nice actually. Whenever I pick the strings, either fingerpick or plectrum, it sounds too metallic and "clacky". Nothing like what I have heard from other people. It doesn't have that rich strong sound, like a true-blue Hammond, which I was hoping for. I have the mids set fairly high on the amp, and the presence is at about 11 o'clock so it doesn't sound too bright.

I'm sure most of it is user error, yet I even directly tried what the instruction paper suggested and get unsatisfactory results.

• Members

I wish you were my neighbor. Between your toys and my junk.... it would waste an afternoon easy I bet.

I "should" try more of the EHX, since I love the Hoax so much..... really..... I think it is beyond awasome, but... the other pieces don't really attract me. The store around only carry the Big Muff, which I have had for about 20 years.

The problem about trying more EHX is that I am really GASSING for this:

http://www.schippmann-music.com/ebbeundflut.html

It is on sale for $1,500 until Jan 20. (winter NAMM) Then back to $2k.
:cry:
I have like $400 to go. I
hope
I can make it. The Schippmann has "collector's item" written all over it. I "need" to hear what it sounds like with my Voyager going into it! (stereo ins!)

Have a Happy Holiday guys!!!

:wave:
MoogMan420:love:

Wow! That ebbe und flut looks amazing! :love: I would love to be able to splurge on stuff like that. Are there any soundclips?

I'm totally gassing for all the MoogerFoogers, but I just can't justify the expense. I'm not making any money as a musician :cry: My EHX fixation is already excessive :o

Happy Holidays to you too, MM420!

• Members

You reckon the MicroPOG nails the organ tones?

I have the full version POG and having trouble getting a realistic organ tone. I do get that organy swell but only when I let the strings ring- sounds really nice actually. Whenever I pick the strings, either fingerpick or plectrum, it sounds too metallic and "clacky". Nothing like what I have heard from other people. It doesn't have that rich strong sound, like a true-blue Hammond, which I was hoping for. I have the mids set fairly high on the amp, and the presence is at about 11 o'clock so it doesn't sound too bright.

I'm sure most of it is user error, yet I even directly tried what the instruction paper suggested and get unsatisfactory results.

Have you seen

on YouTube?

At about 1:30 he busts out the organ tones. Check his sliders.

Also, I think

is BTBAM's video ... he does some cool {censored} with his whammy/volume pedal.

• Members

d) simplicity. Sometimes less is more, especially if you're not much of a tweaker.

• Members

Have you seen
this
on YouTube?

At about 1:30 he busts out the organ tones. Check his sliders.

Cool, thanks :thu:

Still, the tone is a little "tinny", and doesn't have that richness of a real organ. There's too much of the guitar sound present- the organ sound tends to be a background swell that comes in after the strings are picked, rather than straightaway. I'm hoping for something more like the organ sound on Tool's Intermission, or a Hammond organ.

• Members

Cool, thanks
:thu:

Still, the tone is a little "tinny", and doesn't have that richness of a real organ. There's too much of the guitar sound present- the organ sound tends to be a background swell that comes in after the strings are picked, rather than straightaway. I'm hoping for something more like the organ sound on Tool's
Intermission
, or a Hammond organ.

. . . i s'pose you guys have see this "demo" ?

Aaaaahmennnnn

;)

• Members

POG benefits from a rotary simulator for closer organ tones.

I have the HOG and it's pretty amazing. Don't get one. The less people that have these the better. ;)

You do have to work hard with these to develop songs with parts that use them. But again, maybe it's just me. A little pitch shift is usually enough.

Archived