I was looking for a phaser that was the perfect balance between...

• Members

...the Electro Harmonix Small Stone and the MXR Phase 90.

After much searching I finally found it in the Maxon PT-999. For the last few years I had written it off as just another Phase 90 knock off before trying it.

If only I had tried it sooner, I could have saved a lot of time and money searching for the right phaser. :mad:

I have the PT-999 and the more expensive Maxon PT-9 Pro+...I think I like the PT-999 much better. The PT-9 Pro+ is very transparent and your clean signal really pops through even with the depth set for max. It does the faster phase stuff better than the slow phase IMHO. There is a bit of a volume drop with the PT-999, but it's not unreasonable and it's less noticeable than the volume drop on a stock Small Stone.

I'm really impressed. :thu:

• Members

...the Electro Harmonix Small Stone and the MXR Phase 90.

After much searching I finally found it in the Maxon PT-999. For the last few years I had written it off as just another Phase 90 knock off before trying it.

If only I had tried it sooner, I could have saved a lot of time and money searching for the right phaser.
:mad:

I have the PT-999 and the more expensive Maxon PT-9 Pro+...I think I like the PT-999 much better. The PT-9 Pro+ is very transparent and your clean signal really pops through even with the depth set for max. It does the faster phase stuff better than the slow phase IMHO. There is a bit of a volume drop with the PT-999, but it's not unreasonable and it's less noticeable than the volume drop on a stock Small Stone.

I'm really impressed.
:thu:

Thanks for this. I have the Small Stone nano and I can't say I love it. But it was the first phaser I ever got so now I know what to look for. One of the things I don't like about it is the volume drop. I'm gonna make a TB loop w/ a volume knob to adjust for it. In the meantime I'll shop around. I'm not a big enough phaser fiend to buy another one at this time - but eventually...

• Members

Thanks for this. I have the Small Stone nano and I can't say I love it. But it was the first phaser I ever got so now I know what to look for. One of the things I don't like about it is the volume drop. I'm gonna make a TB loop w/ a volume knob to adjust for it. In the meantime I'll shop around. I'm not a big enough phaser fiend to buy another one at this time - but eventually...

I don't think that will work, unless you have some sort of boost circuit built in, too. A passive volume knob will only cut the volume, not boost.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, or if I'm misunderstanding what you're doing.

• Members

I don't think that will work, unless you have some sort of boost circuit built in, too. A passive volume knob will only cut the volume, not boost.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, or if I'm misunderstanding what you're doing.

You are correct.

I haven't noticed any volume drop with my Nano Stone. :confused:

Archived