MXR Doubleshot Distortion DILEMA!!

KjStrat62

• Members

MXR Doubleshot distortion problem. The pedal is built great. Compact size. Dedicated adapter. Great dirt sounds. 2 independent channele. Turning your amp into a 3 channel monster. Only one PROBLEM. The output section is huge. Even at zero on the output I have to turn my amp down/Going to cleans I have to turn the amp up/Engage the 2 shot at this point and we are talking serious volume. QUESTION. Any internal trim knobs on the inside to tame the output section?? Any help appreciated.

• Members

Are you turning the guitar down? Expecting a really loud clean? Or also boosting w/ the MXR's EQ would be a factor. What you could do is boost the signal into the MXR, turn its gains down to compensate plus turn down the amp so those volumes aren't such a problem..... High output pups and/or clean boost can cause the opposite problem.

• Members

Are you turning the guitar down? Expecting a really loud clean? Or also boosting w/ the MXR's EQ would be a factor. What you could do is boost the signal into the MXR, turn its gains down to compensate plus turn down the amp so those volumes aren't such a problem..... High output pups and/or clean boost can cause the opposite problem.

Thanks for the input! I turned down the bass response knob. For some reason on this pedal it boost the volume. Simply cutting it in half seemed to do it

Archived