Effects Fotumites, Pleas Introduce Me To Shoegaze.

NetStar

• Members

I was really disappointed with Sigur Ros. I'm not entirely sure why, ( ) was hyped up a lot by the people that suggested it, and I didn't feel that it held up to my expectations.

Not to say you shouldn't check it out, I just wasn't as impressed as my friends.

i've gotten flamed here before for voicing my opinion that MBV's loveless is a passable album. everyone's got opinions :cool:

may i also reccommend kitchens of distinction, the autumns, and trespassers william.

• Members

i've gotten flamed here before for voicing my opinion that MBV's loveless is a passable album. everyone's got opinions
:cool:

i agree. i dont worship loveless. esp now, it sounds way dated, still a few good tunes. i used to love soon, now i cant bear it...sounds too 1991 baggy

anyway, spceco is the way to go for modern sonic annihilation ;)

• Members

i agree. i dont worship loveless. esp now, it sounds way dated, still a few good tunes. i used to love soon, now i cant bear it...sounds too 1991 baggy

anyway, spceco is the way to go for modern sonic annihilation

:cop::cop::cop::cop::cop:

while we're on the subject, HC member sonaboy's band Actors and Actresses is really cool as well. linky

:cop::cop::cop::cop::cop:

as far as loveless is concerned... it was absolute ear candy to me at first. the reason it didn't stand the test of time for me was crap songwriting, and it's not just that album, it's sort of MBV in general. they really like to just meander between an A and a B section for an entire song. this is why i feel that slowdive succeeded where they failed. (i have a slightly racier theory that slowdive is the band MBV wanted to be, but i try not to voice that too loudly in certain circles.) that, and kevin shields cannot stand to write something pretty without tossing some kind of dissonance / sound effect behind it. AND the vibrato-the-{censored}-out-of-everything approach gets a little grating at times. wheew.

• Members

Archived