Is there an od/ts pedal that works well with high output pickups??

riffpowers

• Members

I have a set of super distortions in my hamer. They sound great, but when I use my old ts9 I get an umpleasant overtone, almost like theres a clean sound mixed with the overdriven sound.

I've heard of this happening with ts's and high output pickups in reviews.

IS there an overdrive or TS type pedal that works well with high output pickups as well as lower output??

• Members

I have high output pickups and usually a good booster will do the trick very well. I built a byoc tri-boost and then switch between a mid-boost or treble boost on the germanium side and it does seriously wonders for rock stuff.
If you wanna do more bluesy things, just skip the pedal and crank up a bit on your amp. Should break up nicely.

• Members

I have high output pickups and usually a good booster will do the trick very well. I built a byoc tri-boost and then switch between a mid-boost or treble boost on the germanium side and it does seriously wonders for rock stuff.

If you wanna do more bluesy things, just skip the pedal and crank up a bit on your amp. Should break up nicely.

I used to love treble boosters, but the last one I had (a D*A*M) had such ferociously massive output it defeated the object of using it!!

I'll mostly be using the pedal for those times when I can't crank the amp as much.

Archived