my dmm is broken and sad

supersaurous

• Members

DONT TOUCH ANY OTHER TRIMPOTS

If you have the new RELAY TRUE BYPASS version with two wires on the switch, this procedure will help get rid of the CHUGGING white noise you sometimes hear.

In the center right area of the board is a trimpot #7. It is above TP4 and TP5. If this does not match up with your board DON'T DO ANYTHING as you may screw it up if you adjust the wrong trimpot.

If it does match up, mark the current setting of #7 with a sharpie in case you want to set it back. It's usually horizontal or vertical.

Turn up (clockwise) the #7 trimpot to LOWER the gain of the pedal, until the noise stops. You can turn it up all the way if needed. It will also reduce the distortion you get on the repeats. But you will need to turn up the level knob on the pedal to get the same effect level. It should be turned up so the OVERLOAD light just comes on.

Good luck!!!

• Members

i haven't had a chance to look at it since its still out where i practice, but i know its really old, considerably older than me i think. its the blue and silver one that doesn't have a chorus on it, if that helps...

I have one of those. There is a rather large (larger than the other capacitors and resistors) gray component on the board near the pushbutton switch that came loose on mine that caused a noise problem similar to the one you are describing. I resoldered it, and now it works like a charm.

Archived