Christmas Money Advice!

nodachi

• Members

Since i have some money from christmas, i need you guys to recommend me some effects pedals to fill my GCX loops. Here's what I'm looking at (one of each kind of effect listed):

Distortion: The Mesa is set up to be a VERY heavy metal machine right now, so i'd like to use this distortion box for a classic/hard rock sound. I'd like to keep my rig simple and how its already is set up, so it'll be used in the effects loop of the mesa, on the clean channel.

Compression: Need it to sweeten the cleans and make solos really liquidy. Ideally, I'd like to just leave this thing on all the time, so I wont have to mess with in in the pedal dance.

Phase: I hate it when a phaser overpowers or takes over the distortion of an amp. That said, i love phasers in general. Something lush for cleans and not too harsh for distortion would be awesome.

Chorus: Definitly not 80's cheesy chorus. i'd probably use it on cleans mostly, but i might use it on some tight rythms for variation.

Flange: Again, it can't overpower the distortion of my Mesa. Unchained would be a great example of what I'm looking for.

Reverb: Probably use it to give my clean a little ambience, maybe help on solos

Delay: Long, slow, and lush. Will use it for those epic lead tones. Think "Mama I'm Comin' Home"

Thanks alot guys!

• Members

Since i have some money from christmas, i need you guys to recommend me some effects pedals to fill my GCX loops. Here's what I'm looking at (one of each kind of effect listed):

Distortion:
Crunchbox

Compression:
Maxon CP101 or Carl Martin.

Phase:
Maxon PH-350 is budget allows, or Mojo Hand (Tonefactor) Nebula

Chorus:
Ibanez CS-9

Flange:
MXR, Ross, DOD 640, etc..

Reverb:
Holy grail isnt all that bad at all

Delay:
Think "Mama I'm Comin' Home" Boss DD-3

Thanks alot guys!

my suggestions

• Members

How much are you looking to spend in each area?

Like i said above, i have a couple of pedals that i was thinking of trading for new ones. As for the rest, i really don't have a limit. it's more of just a planning out thing now.

Archived