Well, I finally got a new song on my myspace. Comments?

EvilSoup

• Members
wow that was great. the main rhythm guitar sounds good, its got the same sorta "in rainbows" sound that i like on that album so much. in fact this sounds kind of like a song radiohead would do if jonny greenwood wasn't in the band

heh, thanks. :wave:

• Members

I like it! Very "OK Computer"-ish....

I'm the same way about listening to my own voice. Is everyone that way when they first start laying down vox? I usually have friends do it cause my voice sounds "weird" to me.

Yours is very Thom Yorke souding..:thu:

::edit:: sent a friend request to ya

• Members

I like the song, well done. IMO miles ahead of the other stuff on the page.
as far as constructive criticism goes the phrasing on the vocals sounds a lot like thom yorke. in and of itself that isn't necessarily a bad thing but to me it sounds like your trying to sound like thom yorke. seeing as how radiohead is first on your list of influences it may not have been an intentional thing, keep singing and in time you will develop your own sound/style. you have a good voice. be confident

• Members
I like the song, well done. IMO miles ahead of the other stuff on the page.

as far as constructive criticism goes the phrasing on the vocals sounds a lot like thom yorke. in and of itself that isn't necessarily a bad thing but to me it sounds like your trying to sound like thom yorke. seeing as how radiohead is first on your list of influences it may not have been an intentional thing, keep singing and in time you will develop your own sound/style. you have a good voice. be confident

I really wasn't TRYING to sound like thom, I guess it just sort of brushes off on me.

I don't really think I have that good of a voice, so thanks for the compliment.

I think I could get to a place I like with my voice with a little more training. :)

Archived