Class B digital device???

kidder

• Members

From Google...

Class A digital device: A Class "A" digital device is a digital device that is marketed for use in a commercial, industrial or business environment.

Class B digital device: A Class "B" digital device is a digital device that is marketed for use in a residential environment. Examples of such devices include, but are not limited to, personal computers, calculators, and similar electronic devices that are marketed for use by the general public. Class B equipment, intended for use in a residential environment where the likelihood of RFI is greater, must meet much stricter RF emission limits than the Class A devices.

• Members

I am still confused, which doesn't take much. Does this mean that Class A is better or Class B is better. What are the pros and cons of each device, if any. I noticed this on a friends BOSS pedal FYI. I can't see a Company that is as solid as BOSS using crappy components and parts.

• Members

I tried to do some research on this last night. I didn't have much time but it referred to amps quite a bit and not to pedal effects. What are the differences between the Classes A, B, A/B etc between amps and pedals? I am looking for info on Class B pedal effects. Are they good?

• Members

Class A digital device: A Class "A" digital device is a digital device that is marketed for use in a commercial, industrial or business environment.

Class B digital device: A Class "B" digital device is a digital device that is marketed for use in a residential environment.

your answer's right there

A is for industrial and strictly commercial use. B is for residential and personal use.

• Members

So according to this a pedal falls into a residential environment and there should be no issues with it. Correct. So if people are worried about Class B digital devices being inadequate they are wrong? So basically could every pedal fall into the Class B category?

• Members

"Class B Digital Device" in the context of guitar pedals just means it's a digital pedal not an analog one. Like the ML-2 Metalcore from Boss.

Look for it on the back of pedals if you want to have an all-analog signal path, or just don't worry about it if you don't care.

It is not the same thing as Class A amp versus Class B amp, at all.

• Moderators

FCC Class B device means that it has an internal waveform generator of a frequency that requires it to be tested to certify that it will not produce interference with radio, TV, call phones or other radio frequency signals.

regards, Jack

Archived