Similar amp to the Sovtek Mig 50?

Devi Ever

• Members

Devi, are you not happy with your Blackheart? If it is more volume your after what about just adding another 1x12 cab to it.

I really do like the Black Hearts, but they colour my tone more than I'd like. I'm hard core when it comes to having pedals shape my tone and the amp simply being an amplifier, though I also like what tubes do with dirt pedals more than I prefer solid states.

The Mig was my baby back in the day when I was playing live and made pedals sound golden, but now that I think about it, I didn't have a Mig 50... I had a Mig 100 (heavy son of a bitch!).

So awesome... JCM 800 then, eh?

Ha ha. Looks like the Sovtek Mig is still the most affordable way to go! :freak:

Thanks again everyone! :love:

• Members

i remember trading one of my mig-50's to you back in the day devi. i regretted that kinda. :)

the mig-50 is a great amp. i haven't found an amp that could replace it and believe me i've tried. two oranges - an ad-140 and an or-80, a mesa rectoverb (was pretty nice but the fx loop wouldn't work the way i wanted), and a couple marshall heads...none of them could displace the mig-50. everytime i did an a/b it just sounded better.

• Members

Sweet. I've used a silverface bassman and loved those as well. Very very very good news. Thank you very much for that!

Spoke with John L. a while ago, and he told me that he refurbished a Sovtek for you... Did you flip it, or are you looking for a backup?

How'd you like the upgraded Mig?

• Members

Spoke with John L. a while ago, and he told me that he refurbished a Sovtek for you... Did you flip it, or are you looking for a backup?

How'd you like the upgraded Mig?

I gave up playing in a live band / song writing for a few years, so I sold off pretty much all my gear a while back.

I'm finally getting back into the game, so I'm slowly building up my ideal live rig again.