AC30CC2, what to use in effects loop and what not to?

• Members

Here's my set up as of now.

Feb08053.jpg

Here's thew order in the effects loop:

Vox AC30CC2

Effects Loop*[TU-2>Boosta Grande>Dan-Echo>Small Stone>Green Screamer>TS-9>Vox Wah]

Gibson VMLP/Fender Jaguar/Fender Tele/Fender 72' Deluxe Tele

I've always used all effects through the amps effects loop, but I'm seeing alot of people using certain effects inline rather than in the loop.

What should I keep in the loop, and what should I move to the normal signal path from guitar to amp?

• Members

dirt and compression in front of the preamp

rest in the loop.

in your case wah, green screamer, ts9 and tu-2 in front of the pre amp.

rest in effects loop. if you want to use the boosta grande to drive your dirt you'd better put that one in front of your dirt pedal before you pre amp.

how do you like your ts9? I actually hate mine in combination with the vox. too shrill for me... (my blues pro and ocd waste it handsdown :))

• Members

Just picked up this same amp and I'm experimenting with the setup as well.

I have a TS9DX, and it sounds fantastic out front. I actually haven't gotten around to the loop yet. I have a Small Clone, and the hiss is WAY more audible with this amp than with my Deluxe Reverb. I'll have to try this one through the loop.

• Members

Personally I would go for:

GUITAR => TU-2>Vox Wah>Small Stone>Boosta Grande>Green Screamer>TS-9

=> AMP

EFFECTS LOOP = [Dan-Echo]

Tuner first, then the signal hits the wah; I always prefer phasers before dirt so then that kicks in. The boost then drives the two overdrives, which run into the amp. Once the amp has done its bit the final product is echoed, and you're done!

:thu:

Archived