marine throws puppy

TZR

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah, thanks. Guess that kind of renders my opinion fairly mute eh? Oh well I guess I did get a bit emotional. Better our people terrorizing the world than Al Qaeda(is that spelled right?).

yes, that's the most common romanization (there are other accepted spellings too. They vary on the romanization system used).

"moot" however is misspelled as "mute"

• Members
Oh yeah, thanks. Guess that kind of renders my opinion fairly mute eh? Oh well I guess I did get a bit emotional. Better our people terrorizing the world than Al Qaeda(is that spelled right?).

yes it is. :)

• Members

As American soldiers, those a-holes are my brothers.

They are snot-nosed, need a good ass-whooping brothers, but they are my brothers just the same.

They will get their's, eventually.

When this "military action" is over, there will be no place in the corps for psych cases like them.

Let's see how bad-assed they are when they have to get jobs at a temp agency.

The lowest common denominator is just that.

• Members

As American soldiers, those a-holes are my brothers.

They are snot-nosed, need a good ass-whooping brothers, but they are my brothers just the same.

They will get their's, eventually.

When this "military action" is over, there will be no place in the corps for psych cases like them.

Let's see how bad-assed they are when they have to get jobs at a temp agency.

The lowest common denominator is just that.

i have no clue what your talking about

there will always be marines and military forces...

• Members

Actually, only about 10% of those who enlist in the U.S. Armed Services continue on to retirement. For most, it is not a career. Many of those stationed in areas of conflict are National Guard or reserve and will return to their daily pre-war lives once their tour of duty ends.

I don't condone puppy killing of any variety. I am an 8-yr vet of the First Cav and have no qualms about serious punishment for soldiers who cannot conduct themselves properly. Unfortunately, you will never hear about punishment for people like this because there will be no court-martial or any need for one.

Military unit comenders have the ability to punish with what is called a 'Field-Grade Article 15'. This can be and is used often. It consists of:

Restriction to specific limits (normally place of duty, barracks, place of worship, mess hall, and medical facilities) for not more than 60 days

Extra duties, including fatigue or other duties, for not more than 45 days

Restriction with extra duties for not more than 45 days

Correctional Custody for not more than 30 days (only if accused is in the grades E-3 and below)

Forfeiture of one half of base pay for two months

Reduction by one (NCO below E-6 in USMC or E-7 otherwise) or more (sub-NCO) grades.

Confinement on diminished rations or bread and water for not more than 3 days (USN and USMC E-3 and below only, and only when embarked on a vessel)

Admonition or reprimand, either written or verbal.

As a note, any time imposed does NOT count towards a tour of duty and is tacked on to the end of the duty cycle. It can also cost a soldier thousands of dollars in pay and permanent rank loss.

Very, very effective tool.

• Members

someone did that in my hometown a couple years back, and the animal rights people put a bounty on his head

and yea he got caught!

Not to be a dick but i hate animal rights activists. They are just like environmentalists they go around spuing their {censored} and condemn those who dont agree with them to hell.

• Members

Not to be a dick but i hate animal rights activists. They are just like environmentalists they go around spuing their {censored} and condemn those who dont agree with them to hell.

Not true, but okay.

• Members

I think we should probably care more about people than animals.

See, making distinctions like this is the slippery slope that leads to justifying all kinds of horrible behavior.

All life is precious...

We should care about people and puppies and anything that lives equally...

That doesn't mean caring about people less, it means caring about all life more.

If everyone got this, the world would be damn near paradise.

• Members

All life is not precious in this society or their would be no death penalty or this war.:freak:

I go back to my original comment " It is funny how people will stand up for a dog but it is okay that the marine kills humans; seems like the tail is wagging the dog to me" which I deleted not to upset anyone but who cares...

• Members
All life is not precious in this society or their would be no death penalty or this war.
:freak:

I go back to my original comment " It is funny how people will stand up for a dog but it is okay that the marine kills humans; seems like the tail is wagging the dog to me" which I deleted not to upset anyone but who cares...

Missed the point, bro.

And yes, there should be penalties for murder.

Absolutely.

Because all life is precious. Honoring the life of a dog does not denegrate the life of any human... on the contrary. Makes our human lives even more precious... but murderers and wicked, cruel people... they either change or they go away in my book.

• Members

See, making distinctions like this is the slippery slope that leads to justifying all kinds of horrible behavior.

All life is precious...

We should care about people and puppies and anything that lives equally...

That doesn't mean caring about people less, it means caring about all life more.

If everyone got this, the world would be damn near paradise.

I disagree with this. All life is NOT created equal, and if it were treated as such, the world would be far, far, far from an human inhabitable paradise. Concerning the "all life is precious" statement, can you personally back up your beliefs?

Do you wash your hands before you eat? Bacteria has just as much right to life as you do. You'll likely live out the eventual illness, so no harm done, right?

Do you eat meat? Whatever you're eating has just as much right to live as you do.

If you were diagnosed with cancer, would you personally pursue no recourse? As cancer cells are YOUR cells, they deserve just as much right to live as you do.

If you died, would you state in your will or other document that you want your body to be used as fertilizer or feed for plants or animals to live? Or would you ask your family to let you rot in a remote location, just because bacteria again have just as much life as you do.

Are you an organ donor?

If you had a chance to take a bullet for whatever game a hunter was shooting at, would you take it?

Granted, this post thus far has more addressed you as an individual than the issue at hand, but hopefully it's illustrated my point.

I personally believe that all life is NOT equal, and that human life is the most precious of all. If I were in an environment where me or someone else were freezing to death and for some reason I had a knife and a larger-than-human sized mammal with me, I would have absolutely no problem killing the animal, gutting it quickly, and stuffing myself or someone else inside. Why? Because I place my life or another humans over an animal's.

Of course, you are partly right. It's hard to place an absolute value on life based on species, nationality, or any other basis. But such possible tyranny and radicalism is the price you need to pay for a sort of morals.

Good night everyone! :wave:

• Members

No man I did not miss the point you did. TripLover did not clarify what he was talking about and just made a broad statement. I believe Jake and I are on the same page. Even the bible shows that all life was not created equal, if that is what you want to go by. We have personified dogs and other domestic animals through the centuries that people care for them as much or more than their fellow humans who are suffering around them. An animal is an animal whether it is on my burger or is in my backyard.

:wave::bor:Well I also am off to bed

• Members

I disagree with this. All life is NOT created equal, and if it were treated as such, the world would be far, far, far from an human inhabitable paradise. Concerning the "all life is precious" statement, can you personally back up your beliefs?

Do you wash your hands before you eat? Bacteria has just as much right to life as you do. You'll likely live out the eventual illness, so no harm done, right?

Do you eat meat? Whatever you're eating has just as much right to live as you do.

If you were diagnosed with cancer, would you personally pursue no recourse? As cancer cells are YOUR cells, they deserve just as much right to live as you do.

If you died, would you state in your will or other document that you want your body to be used as fertilizer or feed for plants or animals to live? Or would you ask your family to let you rot in a remote location, just because bacteria again have just as much life as you do.

Are you an organ donor?

If you had a chance to take a bullet for whatever game a hunter was shooting at, would you take it?

Granted, this post thus far has more addressed you as an individual than the issue at hand, but hopefully it's illustrated my point.

I personally believe that all life is NOT equal, and that human life is the most precious of all. If I were in an environment where me or someone else were freezing to death and for some reason I had a knife and a larger-than-human sized mammal with me, I would have absolutely no problem killing the animal, gutting it quickly, and stuffing myself or someone else inside. Why? Because I place my life or another humans over an animal's.

Of course, you are partly right. It's hard to place an absolute value on life based on species, nationality, or any other basis. But such possible tyranny and radicalism is the price you need to pay for a sort of morals.

Good night everyone!
:wave:

All life is precious is a belief. Not everyone believes it or believes it in the same way. I eat meat, I've slaughtered animals and have eaten them. To me this does not change my belief that the life of the animal I am devouring is in some way sacred. Under certain extreme circumstances, I would eat you. But I would never just throw your dead carcuss off a cliff, film it, and make a joke about it. Sleep tight.

• Members

All life is precious is a belief. Not everyone believes it or believes it in the same way. I eat meat, I've slaughtered animals and have eaten them. To me this does not change my belief that the life of the animal I am devouring is in some way sacred. Under certain extreme circumstances, I would eat you. But I would never just throw your dead carcuss off a cliff, film it, and make a joke about it. Sleep tight.

Well-said!!!

I used to hunt and would again if I had to. Humans are meat eaters. It is not immoral to kill and eat, but you MUST respect the animal. In pea-brained minds, that seems a contradiction, but it is not. The precious life is taken so that another can be sustained. That's part of a grand cycle that I am a part of. Feedlots and industrial slaughterhouses are disrespectful of the lives of the cows and chickens and pigs and corn grown in soil sickened by fossil-fuel fertilizers is harmful to the ecosystem. I am a part of that cycle, too and I share in the blame when I buy the cornfed steak and eat it medium-rare and lick my chops. So yeah, I am a hypocrite. No {censored}. Who isn't?

But geez, come on. Stop being retarded and open your heart a little. If you can't see that torturing and killing a little puppy is {censored}ing evil, then you are one MAJORLY {censored}ED-UP INDIVIDUAL.

• Members

Good night everyone!
:wave:

Really, no argument here. If I had the choice between saving a child and saving my dog, I'd pick the child, of course. But the same choice, save a psychopathic murderer or save the dog. The murderer has no chance with me. So you see, there's no escaping placing some kind of value. But that doesn't mean that the life of the dog or even the murderer isn't precious.

But at the same time people have to stop being binary in their thinking. A thing isn't either valuable or not or either good or bad. And stop saying to animal lovers, "you should care about people!" whenever they are outraged by abuse of animals. For one thing, most people can take care of themselves whereas the animals that live among us are dependent on our kindness and mercy. But come on, why even trot out this ridiculous comment. Why do you assume in the first place that people who care about animals don't care about people, too? I'm sorry, but that is just absolutely absurd.

Archived