marine throws puppy

TZR

that is the kind of person they like in the the military. cold blooded, penchant for violence, non thinking, little respect for life.

I respectfully, but very strongly disagree. Those are not the attributes that make for a good Marine, and the Corps is not looking for people based on those criteria.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the dog is dead for sure, im pretty sure itd be moving if it was picked up by its neck.

I really hope that is fake

but like TZR said, alot of people are assholes.

"People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling."

Haha

• Members

I respectfully, but very strongly disagree. Those are not the attributes that make for a good Marine, and the Corps is not looking for people based on those criteria.

well, if the marines were full of peace loving people who think for themselves and love their fellow creatures US foreign policy would be a bit different.

soldiers are hired thugs, brainwashed by the elite to do their bidding. don't think they are "nice guys" just doing a job. soliders are killers, especially the ones who join up voluntarily.

• Members

well, if the marines were full of peace loving people who think for themselves and love their fellow creatures US foreign policy would be a bit different.

soldiers are hired thugs, brainwashed by the elite to do their bidding. don't think they are "nice guys" just doing a job. soliders are killers, especially the ones who join up voluntarily.

You really think you're something don't you. I know quite a few guys who went into the military after high school and the last thing you'd say about any of them is that they're killers. Hell 3 of them were giant pusses that couldnt handle high school football practices. They all joined for scholarship money because they came from poor families.

• Members

You really think you're something don't you.
I know quite a few guys who went into the military after high school and the last thing you'd say about any of them is that they're killers. Hell 3 of them were giant pusses that couldnt handle high school football practices. They all joined for scholarship money because they came from poor families.

no, just think soldiers are hired killers.

• Members

I'm sorry to resort to name calling, but the one thing that ran through my head as I read this was "You are a {censored}ing idiot." First, in America all soldiers sign up voluntarily. Secondly, people join the army for many reasons, college scholarships included, as well as a feeling of patriotism/duty, etc. Also, the soldiers I know are good people who would never kill anybody that wasn't trying to shoot/bomb/kill them. In a war, I consider firing at your enemy as self defense more than killing. The fact that you have to fight doesn't mean you enjoy it. Asshat.

You're making an error with your logic - Marines do NOT set foreign policy - they help enforce the foreign policy decisions made by civilian leadership in the government. The Marines have never unilaterally started a war, nor do they have the authority to do so. That responsibility is strictly the purview of the President and Congress.

In the current US military, everyone joins voluntarily - there hasn't been a draft for decades.

I'm not saying that all Marines are perfect, nor am I saying that there have not been some bad Marines - but I do take exception with your blanket statements insofar as them pertaining to all Marines. There are a wide range of reasons why people enlist or seek commissions, and "I wanna indiscriminately kill" isn't usually one of them... and if the Corps learns that is your primary motivation, you're not likely to be accepted.

While you're certainly entitled to your POV, those statements simply do not line up with my personal experiences.

• Members

Clearly a statement from someone who has no real idea of what the military is. I've been in the service for about 2 years at this point, one because of job opportunity, 2 because I honestly like America.

I'm just glad someones fighting for you to have the ability to voice your rediculous opinion. Good day to you

• Members

Clearly a statement from someone who has no real idea of what the military is. I've been in the service for about 2 years at this point, one because of job opportunity, 2 because I honestly like America.

I'm just glad someones fighting for you to have the ability to voice your rediculous opinion. Good day to you

Just curious but what is that pedal in your sig?

• Members

You're making an error with your logic -
Marines do NOT set foreign policy
- they help enforce the foreign policy decisions made by civilian leadership in the government. The Marines have never unilaterally started a war, nor do they have the authority to do so. That responsibility is strictly the purview of the President and Congress.

never said they did, they just enforce it.

i don't like soldiers, no need to resort to abuse. never understood why america loves soldiers so much.

• Members

Just curious but what is that pedal in your sig?

It's a custom done by Phoenix Custom Electronics for me. Its a classic fuzz face with some more tonal options, a rangmaster clone, and orange sqeeze clone. Sounds amazing, easily the best normal fuzz with the most options I've ever played

• Members

i don't like soldiers, no need to resort to abuse. never understood why america loves soldiers so much.

Maybe because your ass isnt speaking German because of our soldiers?? That could be part of it. :thu:

• Members

It's a custom done by Phoenix Custom Electronics for me. Its a classic fuzz face with some more tonal options, a rangmaster clone, and orange sqeeze clone. Sounds amazing, easily the best normal fuzz with the most options I've ever played

Very cool.

• Members

If the puppy was dead when they threw it, what was that high-pitched barking sound while it was...erm...flying?

not defending it or anything but with todays technology you can pretty much do anything with sounds. There is an article that says its fake but who knows and to tell you the truth i dont really care...

• Members

Maybe because your ass isnt speaking German because of our soldiers?? That could be part of it.
:thu:

ah, the latecomers!

where was the USA when poland was invaded, whe france was invaded, when the nazis annexed the sudatenland, when the persecution of the jews began, when the blitz burned london.....

sitting at home being "non-interventionist"

:lol:;)

loving the monroe doctrine. :)

• Members
Maybe because your ass isnt speaking German because of our soldiers?? That could be part of it.
:thu:

I think you're talking about a different era with a very different generation of people with very different upbringings than today's "let's listen to Korn and get really pumped and giddy about killing towelheads" modern soldier.

• Members
wow this is gettin pretty heated.

Hello, Im America. Everyone hates me but I wouldnt have it any other way.

We get it you dont think america, who gives a {censored}.

hello, i don't hate you. :wave:

just because i don't like soldiers or american foreign policy doesn't mean i don't like americans. i mean, all the stuff i am against is decided by about 10 rich, white, old people in washington.

No, actually *I* said Marines help enforce it - you said, and I quote:

well, if the marines were full of peace loving people who think for themselves and love their fellow creatures US foreign policy would be a bit different.""

The implication being that Marines somehow have control over foreign policy, and that our foreign policy would be different if Marines were different. And again, Marines do not determine foreign policy - if you have beefs with US foreign policy, your disagreements are with the POTUS and with Congress, not with the Corps.

I'm not trying to abuse you - we're just having a discussion. :)

I respect your right to your POV, and I do not condone anyone making any personal attacks on you - and I ask that everyone please keep it civil and leave the name-calling out of this - it has no place in a civil discussion.

As far as why America "likes soldiers so much", I think it is because without people who are willing to serve, the benefits of our free, democratic society - things like freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and everything else that is acknowledged in (NOT "granted by" - BIG difference!) the Bill of Rights would be in mortal peril. IOW, someone has to defend those rights, lest others try to take them away. And history shows us that over the course of the history of the United States, several have tried to do exactly that.

Marines - and all service members - take an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." It's a bit different for enlisted Marines, but says basically the same thing.

It's about guarding our Constitutional freedoms. THAT'S why there's a USMC, and that's why some people "love them so much".

Archived