XP 300 Space Station eBay Seller Non-Sell

• Members
So Adam still does the XP-1000?

Do you have to supply an XP pedal?

you can or you can just buy one from him. thats what i did. i think he can do TB as well for another 75 beans. not sure tho :confused:. remember reading that somewere. .... the bypass SUCKS so it needs a TB.

• Members

Thanks again, guys, for all of the feedback and suggestions :wave:

The XP-1000 certainly is tempting, although I'm a sucker for having an original unit with the yellow-gold paintjob :o:freak:

Before this thread is dead, one last question:

Does this seller deserve negative feedback, or should I let him off the hook even though I lost a bit of $ on the transaction?

• Members

that is a very difficult one, because if (and I know it's a big if) he is telling the truth that it would be really harsh. But it's also hard to leave positive feedback for a transaction that didn't even happen.

if he doesn't leave you any I would be tempted to do the same. you can't leave positive feedback because it wasn't a positive transaction, but I won't neg someone unless A: they ripped me off or B: they wouldn't pay for something they won......how about leaving neutral and saying something like 'unfortunatly the seller was unable to go through with the sale' or something along those lines?

• Members

that is a very difficult one, because if (and I know it's a big if) he is telling the truth that it would be really harsh. But it's also hard to leave positive feedback for a transaction that didn't even happen.

if he doesn't leave you any I would be tempted to do the same. you can't leave positive feedback because it wasn't a positive transaction, but I won't neg someone unless A: they ripped me off or B: they wouldn't pay for something they won......how about leaving neutral and saying something like 'unfortunatly the seller was unable to go through with the sale' or something along those lines?

Sounds reasonable. In the feedback I would use the formal eBay term "Seller non-sell", but the part that really pisses me off is the fact that I lost money, regardless of how little is was, and he won't agree to compensate me for it. I would not do that to someone. Somehow, I feel it's worth mentioning that in the feedback. I've even considered posting a link to this thread in the feedback. Is that legal?

• Members
Sounds reasonable. In the feedback I would use the formal eBay term "Seller non-sell", but the part that
really
pisses me off is the fact that I lost money, regardless of how little is was, and he won't agree to compensate me for it. Somehow, I feel it's worth mentioning that in the feedback. I've even considered posting a link to this thread in the feedback. Is that legal?

lol, no i wouldn't do that, i'm sure it would be against the rules!!! (funny though) I guess there is no way to (legally) get that money back either is there? :mad:

• Members
Too bad! That would be a great way to leave feedback
:lol:

yeah, rather than 1 line of feedback, a whole 6 pages of discussion on a forum!!! :lol:

p.s. I hope that camera has a full charge battery in it...;)

• Members

Leave neutral feedback and say "seller cancelled sale and sent money back"

You don't go on eBay and put something up for sale and yank it without consequences. You bid on an item. Your bid was the final one. It should be your call, not the seller's. If you had received it broken, that too would have been on the seller and you could have left negative feedback. I wouldn't sell anything on eBay without knowing for sure how well it worked. The system only fails when people don't play by the rules. Some have to learn the hard way. You sent your money and all you got in return was...your money.

• Members

Leave neutral feedback and say "seller cancelled sale and sent money back"

You don't go on eBay and put something up for sale and yank it without consequences. You bid on an item. Your bid was the final one. It should be your call, not the seller's. If you had received it broken, that too would have been on the seller and you could have left negative feedback. I wouldn't sell anything on eBay without knowing for sure how well it worked. The system only fails when people don't play by the rules. Some have to learn the hard way. You sent your money and all you got in return was...your money.

I agree, Kassanova. In fact, I got less than my money back. I lost a few dollars, I lost time at the post office, I lost time sending emails, etc. That's the biggest frustration of it.

So far it seems the consensus is that I should leave a neutral rating, and give a brief description of the transaction. That sounds reasonable.

Thanks again!

Archived